Thread: McAvoy for a 1st?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default McAvoy for a 1st?

Hi all,

Dynasty league - same stats as sig but not that league, 16 teams still.

Got an offer for MY Charlie McAvoy for a 1st (currently hovering just inside playoff spots but I can see him falling out and it being a lottery pick) however it could also end up being around 10-12th overall. I'm in a full tank and rebuild and McAvoy seems to be stuck for the forseeable future fantasy wise.

Thoughts?
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: McAvoy for a 1st?

I say take it.

There is/was a worry that if Krug isn’t signed next summer, McAvoy will/would emerge as the PP guy. We’ve gotten a glimpse of that with Krug out atm. And the results speak for itself. You’d think it’d have to be McAvoy stepping up on the man advantage yet it’s not, it’s actually been Grzelcyk. The Bruins 2 games since Krug’s injury, Grzelcyk saw 3:14 PPTOI today+3:37 last game whereas McAvoy saw 0:46 today+0:06 last game. Grzelcyk actually has the same PPTOI as Boston’s PP1 forwards in those games.

...McAvoy who’s virtually irrelevant as is with Krug playing, if he can’t get anything going now with him out then there’s no hope even on the off chance Krug isn’t re-signed because it’s clear the B’s still have him behind in the pecking order. Get something off his name while you can & it should work hand-in-hand perfectly with your team as you are rebuilding, cheers!
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks13 View Post
    I say take it.

There is/was a worry that if Krug isn’t signed next summer, McAvoy will/would emerge as the PP guy. We’ve gotten a glimpse of that with Krug out atm. And the results speak for itself. You’d think it’d have to be McAvoy stepping up on the man advantage yet it’s not, it’s actually been Grzelcyk. The Bruins 2 games since Krug’s injury, Grzelcyk saw 3:14 PPTOI today+3:37 last game whereas McAvoy saw 0:46 today+0:06 last game. Grzelcyk actually has the same PPTOI as Boston’s PP1 forwards in those games.

...McAvoy who’s virtually irrelevant as is with Krug playing, if he can’t get anything going now with him out then there’s no hope even on the off chance Krug isn’t re-signed because it’s clear the B’s still have him behind in the pecking order. Get something off his name while you can & it should work hand-in-hand perfectly with your team as you are rebuilding, cheers!
    Strange but true! Not sure why McAvoy is in the position he is, but right now his situation does not position him well to have significant fantasy relevance. That said, I wouldn't be overjoyed moving him for a 10th or 12th overall, not sure here, but in your league set up that is not going to be a very solid return. A top 3 or 4 pick, that's better, you should be able to add a blue chip prospect which for me is a nice return for McAvoy. You know your league, so if you are fairly confident that this guys pick is lottery, then make the move. If you aren't confident, shop McAvoy around a bit, maybe a bottom end team is looking for a D man, and despite his deployment, McAvoy's name still has some shine to it so you never know.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Very hard to say without seeing your team. McAvoy can fit a full rebuild. Especially since we don't know what will happen with Krug.