Thread: What is wrong with my team?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What is wrong with my team?

12 Team Dynasty - H2H Cats - G, A, ESP, STP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK, FOW, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Team:
    C (Start 4): Matthews, Bergeron, Kopitar, Giroux (C/LW/RW), Couture, Backstrom, Backlund, Little (C/RW)
    LW (Start 4): Ovechkin, Benn (C/LW), Schwartz, Parise, Bennett (LW/RW)
    RW (Start 4): Radulov, Hoffman (LW/RW), Niederrieter (LW/RW), Granlund (LW/RW), Virtanen
    D (Start 6): Burns, Rielly, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Klefbom, Pulock, Ekholm, Hronek, Walker, Andersson, Byfuglien
    G (Start 2): Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Rinne, Markstrom

My team is currently 2-3 after going 19-4 last year and I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with how I built my team that I'm overlooking. I am top 4 team for 10 of our 13 categories but still have found a way to lose almost as many matchups as I did all of last year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: What is wrong with my team?

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    12 Team Dynasty - H2H Cats - G, A, ESP, STP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK, FOW, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Team:
    C (Start 4): Matthews, Bergeron, Kopitar, Giroux (C/LW/RW), Couture, Backstrom, Backlund, Little (C/RW)
    LW (Start 4): Ovechkin, Benn (C/LW), Schwartz, Parise, Bennett (LW/RW)
    RW (Start 4): Radulov, Hoffman (LW/RW), Niederrieter (LW/RW), Granlund (LW/RW), Virtanen
    D (Start 6): Burns, Rielly, Josi, Hamilton, Giordano, Klefbom, Pulock, Ekholm, Hronek, Walker, Andersson, Byfuglien
    G (Start 2): Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Rinne, Markstrom

My team is currently 2-3 after going 19-4 last year and I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with how I built my team that I'm overlooking. I am top 4 team for 10 of our 13 categories but still have found a way to lose almost as many matchups as I did all of last year.
    If that's the case then I think you are probably just getting a bit unlucky with your opponents having good weeks when they face you. That, or you are doing well in those categories based on inconsistent outbursts, but looking at your team I don't see anything wrong with it, it should be a contender. Things should even out. Carrying Byfuglien around doesn't help, do you have him stashed or is he taking up a roster spot?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed, this team doesn't look bad at all. There are a few guys that are not helping you, Buff for sure, as mentioned. Granlund is absolutely in a slump big time, and certainly Benn is under achieving. I wouldn't panic here whatsoever, but if you could turn the three guys mentioned into more favorable assets this year, it is something worth pursuing. That will be a challenge, the value of these guys has taken a beating. Still, maybe package them up and see what happens.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's most likely schedule variance. I want to ignore the 2-3, and ask how you did in those matchups. Figure out categories W/L/T and then you can see if you are 2-3 in overall W-L but something like 40-25 in categories won.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Focus on your relative performance, and not head-to-head. Everything should balance out. Heck, if you are lucky you'll get a better draft position.

In one league, after week three, I was 1-2 in H2H and was in first place in total fantasy points. It happens. Just so happen to face the top team in two of the first three weeks (and I finished 2nd both times)