Thread: Thoughts on Jakob Silfverberg?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Thoughts on Jakob Silfverberg?

Well it's been a long wait, but is it possible that Silf is breaking out so to speak at the age of 29? It has happened, not too often, but it has happened. He's sitting (as he usually is) on the wire but unlike previous years, the numbers have my attention. I'm looking at this long term, can Silf actually become the 60+ point forward he was one projected to be, or does he slip back into fantasy hockey irrelevance?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Thoughts on Jakob Silfverberg?

He could definitely get 60. He might not but he should be in that range. He's getting a primary role in the Ducks offense and is making the most of it. He got his big extension so the Ducks are giving him the opportunity, and so far it is working with him and Eakins, so until more evidence is available you have to assume he'll have a good year. He is very hot right now so I would expect some ups and downs, but yeah a low 60s season seems plausible at this point.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Magnificent One

This is real, and sustainable. His OZ% over the past four years ranged from 37% to 42% and this year is at 54%. That was all he needed to strut his stuff.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'll hijack my own thread here. I need a drop and equivalent kind of cap hit if I were to scoop Silf up. The current candidates are Granlund (stinkin' it up big time in Music City Granlund) or James Neal. I'm not in a win mode here, so I am looking to the future. I'm leaning toward dropping Neal here, but Granlund has no value in this format if he isn't putting up decent points (5 so far is about as far from decent as it gets). Thoughs?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf