Thread: My Getzlaf for her Crosby?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default My Getzlaf for her Crosby?

Thoughts?

Crosby out for the the next 6+ weeks & could be added to IR spot.

Getzlaf is off to a red hot start. He was due for a bounce back season which most of the fantasy community knew but he’s gone above and beyond so far in a multicat league such as my own (shown in the sig below) currently ranked as the 49th best player despite being at a 52 point pace having 12 points in 19 games.

...so the question becomes, can he maintain his current pace or is he due for a dip? If the latter is the consensus then it’s a rather obvious answer but it doesn’t look to be the case since he’s feasting in our multicat league despite being 0.5p/g. But if people believe he can maintain or even stay close to his current production, does it make sense to do it or should it be done regardless just because it’s Crosby?
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: My Getzlaf for her Crosby?

who cares what Getzlaf can maintain? Get Crosby - toss him on IR, grab a filler & then enjoy the ride from Christmas to end of season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Easy accept. In a head-to-head league all that really matters is the playoffs. Crosby will be back well before the playoffs start and will be as back to his point per game status, maybe he has a little bump due to the rest. Stashing him on IR is a bonus.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Don't think too hard about this. Make the trade. Looks like your league is not super deep either so there's likely someone decent on the waiver wire that you could temporarily fill the spot with.
    Points + Wins only / 7 teams / 1-Year League / 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 IR / 6 transactions MAX (5/6 used)

Forwards: P. Kane, B. Wheeler, J. Huberdeau, D. Larkin, P. Kessel, N. Backstrom, T. Teravainen, W. Nylander, J. Voracek, K. Connor, S. Reinhart, T. Meier

Dmen: E. Karlsson, J. Carlson, K. Yandle, D. Doughty, M. Dumba, A. Pietrangelo

Goalies: F. Andersen, C. Hellebuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

perhaps point per game Pageau is still available??
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Easy accept. In a head-to-head league all that really matters is the playoffs. Crosby will be back well before the playoffs start and will be as back to his point per game status, maybe he has a little bump due to the rest. Stashing him on IR is a bonus.
    Basically. You should be able to find someone to fill in for the next 6 weeks, then you'll have a healthy Sid going down the stretch.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Genius

Is that on the table? If so, mash the accept button and get Crosby. Only 6 weeks ago Crosby was a consensus top 10 player (fantasy) and Getzlaf was basically untradeable.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Okk sounds like a plan, appreciate the responses

...I actually mentioned it to the GM. She’s below .500 and her team has the lowest PF in the league. So her season could fly off the rails this early on with her 1st pick gone which will only lower her production. Will get a response back soon.

And to the user user who asked, no Pageau was picked up by another team a week ago.
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0