Thread: Trade - Yay or Nay?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Trade - Yay or Nay?

Hey guys,

Given my roster and league settings what are your thoughts on trading my Bob/Wheeler for his Fleury/Zib?!

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Trade - Yay or Nay?

That’s close in my opinion, especially if wheeler doesn’t pick his play back up completely. Fluery is the most valuable piece in that deal if it isn’t a keeper/dynasty league. I really like Zib’s potential if he can come back healthy and ready to put more pucks on net like last year. He kind of does everything for the rangers including hits! (I like the .25 per hit) I think he had over 150 hits last year on top of 230 shots on net with an 84 point season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Hey guys,

Given my roster and league settings what are your thoughts on trading my Bob/Wheeler for his Fleury/Zib?!

Thanks in advance!
    It's very hard to get any value for an under performing goalie in a trade. Skaters have a tendency to "pick it up" and correct things so they are given some leeway. This isn't the case for goalies. My gut feel is that it is going to be rejected. I see it is "not close" because something is wrong with Bob.

You might try a trade for Varlamov since he had a so-so game tonight and gave up 2 goals in the last minute of the game to make it close. The owner might be disgusted like I am.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thinking I may now try my Bob/Doughty for his Fleury/Yandle or Weber.

Thoughts on this instead? Also, Yandle or Weber?

Thanks guys!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

So basically, you are trying to trade Bobrovsky for Fleury and smooth it out with other options?

Considering the way those two goalies are playing, you are probably going to need to lose on the player side of things to get the better goalie side of things. I could be wrong but that's the way I'd be looking at it if I were the other GM. I doubt your first offer would fly just because the players are close. You can try the 2nd offer but hard to say what will happen there too. Yandle has seemed to find his way and Weber is playing well too.

All I can tell you is to try it and see. Who knows how the other GM values players.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So basically, you are trying to trade Bobrovsky for Fleury and smooth it out with other options?

Considering the way those two goalies are playing, you are probably going to need to lose on the player side of things to get the better goalie side of things. I could be wrong but that's the way I'd be looking at it if I were the other GM. I doubt your first offer would fly just because the players are close. You can try the 2nd offer but hard to say what will happen there too. Yandle has seemed to find his way and Weber is playing well too.

All I can tell you is to try it and see. Who knows how the other GM values players.
    Thanks Axe! Do you think you'd start with Yandle or Weber?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yandle had 3 points last night. Start with Weber
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko