Thread: Neal or Benn...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Neal or Benn...

Dropping one for Fabbri.

Neal is likely declining for the season so I lean towards dropping him. Is there hope for Benn?
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Neal or Benn...

I would want to see more from Fabbri before I drop either of those guys. Everyone can have a stretch of 3 good games. Just the timing of Fabbri joining a new team is exciting!

Neal's hot stretch was exciting...and he could have more stretches like that over the season. If I recall he has always been a very streaky guy. And playing on a team with McDavid helps out too.

Benn... I am not sure what to tell you about him. I remember he had a slow couple months last year and then played awesome in the playoffs which gave me hope for this year. Not sure whats happening there. But he is still on top line with Seguin... so there is hope.

Fabbri is not playing on top line... but he is top PP... so that is exciting... if you can be patient I would wait a couple more games to see if it sticks.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Neal is still probably the best out of the three, he is coming down to earth but is still going to get opportunities with McDavid and Draisaitl.
    13 team Yahoo One Year/Points Only
    No Drops left. No Bench. No IR
    1 pt: g/a/ +1 gwg
    2 pts: w, +3 pts: shutout
    F: Pastrnak, Giroux, Trocheck, Meier, Marchand, Scheifele, Kadri, DeBrincat,
    D: Krug, J.Schultz, DeAngelo, Brodie
    G: Vasilevsky, Grubauer

Administrator

I'd take my chances with Benn bouncing back and drop Neal if you want to make a move.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hmmm. Maybe i’m just feeling desperate because i’m 0-4 to start the season...

I’m likely dropping Haula for Calvert since my 2 IR spots are taken by Marner and Zibanenable... i’ll Wait to make this other move.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post

I’m likely dropping Haula for Calvert since my 2 IR spots are taken by Marner and Zibanenable... i’ll Wait to make this other move.
    If that's the case then there's probably a lot wrong with your team, not just your final roster spots. Either you have been unlucky with slow starters or you didn't draft a good team. Considering you're without Marner and Zibanejad I would classify them under the "slow start" problem since they're not contributing anything to your team while they're out.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is Haula and option to drop for Fabbri? I am not sure I understand the decision to drop Haula for Calvert, but asking which of Neal or Benn to Drop for Fabbri? Or is this position based?

Depending on team makeup I might consider dropping Haula for Fabbri... I would rather have Fabbri than Calvert. Calvert will move down the lineup quick once Landeskog and Rantanen return.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Wizard

The main reason i’m 0-4 is my awesome tandem of Bobrivsky and Bishop.... that was so loved before the season started. My top two D - Ghost and Gust.... my top forwards are Tavares, Marner, Zib, Seguin and Benn... it’s been a tough start my friends...

To be fair Benn isn’t actually one of my top forwards. I have Pat Kane and McDavid too, but for drama sake the above statement worked better
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5

Dobber Sports Initiate

The main reason i’m 0-4 is my awesome tandem of Bobrovsky and Bishop
    That would do it.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko