Thread: Waive Tarasenko?

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Waive Tarasenko?

Currently have Tarasenko sitting in reserve for the next few months. It is a 12 team keeper league -cap space in play. I'm currently sitting it bottom 3 of the league and a very slim chance to win. Kuznetsov is available as FA and seems to be a bit more beneficial at this point since he is active. Do I waive Tarasenko and claim Kuznetsov or sit patiently with injured Tarasenko.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Waive Tarasenko?

Welcome to the forums.

Normally I'd ask you to list list your categories, roster, and any other details that help determining an answer but here, considering the cap implications and the situation, I would make that move. Not sure Kuznetsov alone will help get you out of your hole, but he wont hurt it at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thanks for reply. I was going to list that stuff but figured Id try without first. Only keeping 6 - which is hardly worth it but that is making me lean towards waiving him as I will be able to redraft some quality players next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd cut him and grab Kuznetsov for sure. Worst case you can move him for a pick or something.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Kuznetsov can be as valuable as Tank when Tank is healthy, so I see no downside to making this switch.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Id hold on tarasenko and try to trade him instead of just losing him on waivers? He still has value even on IR to a team looking to improve keepers.

Also i am not sure I’d go kuznetsov so easily if there are positioning in your league. C is so deep that i might tend to keep a rw tarasenko if both healthy