Thread: Big trade offer. What do you think?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Big trade offer. What do you think?

An owner in my league is trying to pry Vasilevskiy away from me. He offered Morgan Rielly but that's obviously not enough. He's also a huge Caps fan, so I think I can bait him a bit with two Caps on my roster. What do you think of this offer?

I give up:
    Vasilevskiy, Backstrom, Vrana

I get:
    Rielly, Kucherov, Mrazek

I'd still have Kuemper, who is definitely #1 in AZ and is having a great year, plus Andersen. So with Mrazek as a spot starter, I think I'm still ok in goal. I get a top D man and Kuch. Vrana was a FA pickup who was riding a hot streak and I have no problem giving him up. And though I hate to part with Backstrom, I'd get freakin' Kucherov. He's at a low spot, which might make this guy think about trading him since he's picking up Caps players in the deal.

What do you think? Thanks!
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Big trade offer. What do you think?

I dont hate the offer but its nothing to make me jump and hit the accept button either. Yes, you are getting Kucherov, but you are giving up some extremely key pieces to get him too. Im not sure I could call this trade a win for you or not.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks Axeman. Yeah, it's not loaded for me, for sure. The idea would be that I'm getting more scoring from Rielly and Kuch than from Backstrom and Vrana, and I don't absolutely need Vas, especially the way he and TBL have been playing. One could argue that if TBL gets going and Vas becomes more valuable, so will Kuch. So I don't lose there. But you hate to give up a top goalie in a league where 4 out of 10 cats go to goalies. Maybe I should sit on this for a while.
    IR+

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by jimc21 View Post
    Thanks Axeman. Yeah, it's not loaded for me, for sure. The idea would be that I'm getting more scoring from Rielly and Kuch than from Backstrom and Vrana, and I don't absolutely need Vas, especially the way he and TBL have been playing. One could argue that if TBL gets going and Vas becomes more valuable, so will Kuch. So I don't lose there. But you hate to give up a top goalie in a league where 4 out of 10 cats go to goalies. Maybe I should sit on this for a while.
    Wait for a few more replies to see what others think. Vasilevskiy isn't playing great, but neither is Kucherov to this point. I expect it's just a matter of time before both get it going.

As I say, I dont hate it, but it's not an easy choice either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you can get that done, I do it. I think there's more risk with Vas than Kucherov, even though they are on the same team, hust due to goalie weirdness.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would be taking that. I’m personally not a big fan of goalies, so I focus on winning skater stats and hope I can steal a goalie cat or 2.
    In this case, Kuch and Reilly offer far more than Vrana and Backstrom, and then you get a #1 goalie too. Mrazek May never win a Vezina, but you’re still giving yourself a chance to win some goalie cats here and there.
    Update: I just re read and see that 4 out of 10 cats are goalie. That does ruffle the edges for me a bit more. My league has 3 of 12 cats for goalies, hence my leniency toward tenders.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks bvandyk. Yeah, with 4 out of 10 that's a lot to lose. If Kuch gets back to being a PPG player, it would be worth it. If not, I'd be on the edge with this trade. Still mulling it over!
    IR+

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yea I don’t see why not

If Kucherov gets going then so will Vas (Kuch scoring more = Tampa winning more) and Kuch on his form is something else. Vas just looks off altogether whereas Kucherov is getting deployed less at least to begin. Rielly is better than either forward you’d give up. You’d be getting 2 of the 3 best players involved. Kucherov is #1 and one could argue Rielly is 2nd ahead of Vas.
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0