Thread: What's Carlson's worth?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default What's Carlson's worth?

His hot streak aside, he has proven over the last 2 years and change to be a 70 point D. You got to value him a little higher than that with this out of this world start but where does he rank? Is he the top D to own now usurping Burns and Karlesson? If trading him are you asking for a top 15 talent back such as Pastranak, Kane, Eichel or Marner? I own him and I like selling high but I am not sure what's the right ask.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: What's Carlson's worth?

Are you pumping his value because you own him?
    He's a great player, but he's also two months from turning 30.
    It gets DAMN hard to sell a player in a lot of keepers when a guy turns 30.
    (Heck, Jamie Benn's stock has gone from a 9/10 to a 6/10 in just two years. Benn being a big boy, 6'-2", 210#, simCarlson, who just turned 30)

Backstrom is a UFA this coming summer... it's no lock he re-signs.
    Ovechkin is UFA in 2021 and some (meaning ME) think he'll "retire" so he can play in the 2022 Olympics for (mother) Russia.

Defense scoring is HIGHLY correlated to the forwards they play with... and significantly tied to their team's PP1.

I think a good return on Carlson, for a "young" player is more like a Tomas Hertl (age 26) or an Elias Lindholm (age 24), if going WAY young, maybe two prospects, like say Turcotte(LA) AND Zegras(ANA)... if staying old, yeah, Pat Kane.
    There is little chance a fantasy owner is moving a Pastrnak, Eichel, or Marner for a soon-to-be 30yr old Dman on a team that could be 2years from a MAJOR rebuild stage.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: What's Carlson's worth?

If you are trading him, it's got to be for an elite talent in return, say top 20 guy, and it likely won't be anyone really young, unless you add a touted prospect to him. I don't want to deal that level of player for prospects, so it needs to be at least centered on a NHL player or package of players for me.

I honestly think he's just a hold, because selling high isn't likely to work.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.