Thread: Monahan or Hertl

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Monahan or Hertl

Team in sig. Would anybody drop/trade Monahan for Hertl?
    13 team Yahoo One Year/Points Only
    No Drops left. No Bench. No IR
    1 pt: g/a/ +1 gwg
    2 pts: w, +3 pts: shutout
    F: Pastrnak, Giroux, Trocheck, Meier, Marchand, Scheifele, Kadri, DeBrincat,
    D: Krug, J.Schultz, DeAngelo, Brodie
    G: Vasilevsky, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Monahan or Hertl

Nope, I stick with Monahan. Especially with only 4 moves.

Edit: I would trade Hintz for hertl if it's a free agent swap but I'm thinking more now that this may be a trade offer as Hintz seems to obvious to make the switch.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post

Edit: I would trade Hintz for hertl if it's a free agent swap but I'm thinking more now that this may be a trade offer as Hintz seems to obvious to make the switch.
    Yeah it was going to be a trade offer. I shouldn't have included "drop," but i wanted to assess value.
    I was thinking of making the trade to stack Hertl with Meier for the season.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Concrete View Post
    Yeah it was going to be a trade offer. I shouldn't have included "drop," but i wanted to assess value.
    I was thinking of making the trade to stack Hertl with Meier for the season.
    I wouldn't lose a trade just so you can stack. Plus the sharks aren't a team I'd be thrilled about stacking forwards with this season. They've had some struggle and players will be moved in and out of prime deployment up and down the line up until they settle in.

You just have a better fantasy producer in Monahan who is glued to top end deployment with a top end player.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't lose a trade just so you can stack. Plus the sharks aren't a team I'd be thrilled about stacking forwards with this season. They've had some struggle and players will be moved in and out of prime deployment up and down the line up until they settle in.

You just have a better fantasy producer in Monahan who is glued to top end deployment with a top end player.
    Thanks, good point. I offered a guy Monahan for Stamkos just for the hell of it, maybe the guy is Flames fan.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Would you trade Monahan for injured Marner?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would trade Monahan for Hertl.
    Tomas Hertl is a seriously special player... his "buy low" period has about a month left.
    I'm a big fan.
    I think he'll outpoint Monahan here forward in this NHL season.
    SJ also has 2gp in hand right (18) to Calgary (20gp played)

Dobber Sports Sage

Would you trade Monahan for injured Marner?
    Definitely if he wasn't injured (probably obvious). With him being out at least a month it's much trickier, especially in a one year.

Are you in a weekly head to head format or cumulative points over the entire season? Cumulative points Marner will have a hard time playing catchup and it seems like this is a 4 week minimum thing as it stands right now. If it's head to head weekly and you can replace Monahan with a reasonable forward then it's worth considering. I would wait for a more firm update on how long he'll be out and wouldn't be in a rush to make this happen either way.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Definitely if he wasn't injured (probably obvious). With him being out at least a month it's much trickier, especially in a one year.

Are you in a weekly head to head format or cumulative points over the entire season? Cumulative points Marner will have a hard time playing catchup and it seems like this is a 4 week minimum thing as it stands right now. If it's head to head weekly and you can replace Monahan with a reasonable forward then it's worth considering. I would wait for a more firm update on how long he'll be out and wouldn't be in a rush to make this happen either way.
    Cumulative points. Yeah, I don't think I can afford to have that black hole in my lineup (No bench, no IR). I'm in last place and I need to at least keep pace.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sharks are coming alive, Hertl looks good. He and Meier are combining for points...

Dobber Sports Sage

Sharks are coming alive, Hertl looks good. He and Meier are combining for points...
    Hertl's a good player and the sharks are better than their start. But it doesn't change my answer, I prefer Monahan in points only. Hertl may change my mind by seasons end but he won't change it because of the last 6 games.

He also left last nights game in the third period and did not return. Could be nothing but I'd wait for some news before pulling the trigger.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Magnificent One

You want to get Hertl - he's superb. If it costs you Monahan, you begrudgingly do it.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hertl's a good player and the sharks are better than their start. But it doesn't change my answer, I prefer Monahan in points only. Hertl may change my mind by seasons end but he won't change it because of the last 6 games.

He also left last nights game in the third period and did not return. Could be nothing but I'd wait for some news before pulling the trigger.
    Would you trade Monohan for Crosby at this point in a cumul. Points only One year?

Dobber Sports Sage

Would you trade Monohan for Crosby at this point in a cumul. Points only One year?
    Probably not. 6 weeks is hard to make up. I'll take Monahan finishing with more points at this stage than Crosby this year (as long as Monahan stays healthy), and since that's all we're concerned about in a cumulative one year I don't see why we would do this. You'd have to have some kind of read on Crosby coming back and literally crushing at a 1.5ppg pace or better. He's done it before but I wouldn't bank on it at this stage.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You want to get Hertl - he's superb. If it costs you Monahan, you begrudgingly do it.
    In points only? They probably at most end up being equal, like MZac said, no?