Thread: Zadina

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zadina

Hello all,

1st league in signature.

I dradfted Zadina thinking I'd bury him on my bench, maybe gets called after Christmas, then could turn into a keeper (keep 12). VERY long shot... but could pay off.
    • Question 1: Thoughts on Zadina. Do you see him as an elite prospect that could have an impact sooner rather than later?
    • Question 2: Should I let go and use my last FA?
    • Question 3: With my oh so limited cap space (48K$), is Fabbri a nice target?

Thx!

Side notes:
    1. Only D men FA that I could get is Pionk, would you use my last FA on a D men?
    2. Oskar Lindblom and Conor Garland are also available, so drop Zadina and add one of them instead of Fabbri is an option. Thoughts?
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, T. Thompson, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Zadina

Time to give up on Z. He’s not doing well in Grand Rapids as well. I think everyone had high hopes for this kid but looks like a bust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by KingCanuck View Post
    Time to give up on Z. He’s not doing well in Grand Rapids as well. I think everyone had high hopes for this kid but looks like a bust
    Zadina is 3rd on the team in scoring in GR and has 9 NHL games to his name (where he put up 3 points). As a 19 year old, no, he does not look like a bust.. not in the slightest. (Gernerational/bust - two words just tossed around way too much).

In a keep 12, Zadina isn't at the point where he's going to be a keeper on a contender, or even a middling playoff team. Yzerman not only lived the Red Wings system as a player, but adapted it himself as well. He is very patient with his prospects.

As of now, the Wings have no reason to call Zadina up. Injuries or end of season to get some games in may change that. But I see Zadina, once he rounds things out, coming up more so by the time he is 21-22.

Of the options you mentioned, I like Lindblom then Fabbri.

Lindblom has been a good contributor and should be good for 55pts (with room for more).

Fabbri is still such a question mark. The talent is there, the injury history is there.. but the deployment is also there right now.

Lindblom is in his spot, Fabbri, if he goes cold, could drop down the line and off that top PP - and is also shooting at a very unsustainable 27%.

Conclusion - Add Lindblom and drop Zadina.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's not worth keeping in your limited keeper, but he's no where near a bust either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Two notes on Zadina:

1. No, he's definitely not close to a keeper in a 12x12 league. (He's probably a 250-300 keeper range kind of guy)
    2. Zadina's going to be a great "buy low" player over the next year. Dahlin(1),Svech(2) are tearing up the NHL. Kotka(3), B.Tkachuk(4),Hayton(5),Hughes(7),Boqvist(8) are roster in the NHL... so people are going to start giving Zadina the "Dylan Strome" treatment. Also... he could be Jesse Puljujarvi, but I don't think so. Zadina is only 19yrs old. His 9pts in 15gp is inline with 35pts in 59gp last year (.6p/gp rate).

His numbers hide a VERY cold start to the season (1pt in first 6gp).
    Since then he's got 8pts in 9gp.
    He does have 5goals in his last 7gp for GR... so he's starting to click.
    SOG in those last 7gp: 2,4,3,2,3,2,4.
    It's coming for him...