Thread: Spinning my Wheeler - another Wheeler trade thread

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Spinning my Wheeler - another Wheeler trade thread

I am suffering in my H2H league with G, A and +/-. I've made some trades for players like Tavares and Hedman and Rask, but it seems to have set off a hornet's nest and the guy going for it has traded his 2/3 top picks and is now rocking, Ovi, Pasta, Matthews, Panarin and E. Kane, so pretty unstoppable.

I don't want to completely mortgage my future, but want to at least hit top 3 (i.e. money spots).

What do you guys think about this:

A: Wheeler, Grubauer, Dumba
    B: Svechnikov, M. Jones, Giordano

Wheels Keeper cost next year = 4th round pick
    Svech keeper cost next year = 6th round pick

I don't think I can get Svech for Wheels straight up, and the Svech owner is hurting on goalie cats (Martin is his top goalie!!!). Is this enough of a return for downgrading from Grubs to Jones?
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Spinning my Wheeler - another Wheeler trade thread

Having just acquired Wheeler in a trade I am biased however he will turn it around this season. He's just too good. That combined with a juicy Grubauer in Colorado (current injuries aside), I can not emphasize enough that downgrading to Jones would be a tragic waste. Giordano looks enticing of course but Dumba has age on his side and if you can be patient will pay off for you longterm. I feel you though, Svech is Svech but to me I think the cost is too high with such a premium on quality goaltending.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Spinning my Wheeler - another Wheeler trade thread

Quote Originally Posted by n.ville View Post
    Having just acquired Wheeler in a trade I am biased however he will turn it around this season. He's just too good. That combined with a juicy Grubauer in Colorado (current injuries aside), I can not emphasize enough that downgrading to Jones would be a tragic waste. Giordano looks enticing of course but Dumba has age on his side and if you can be patient will pay off for you longterm. I feel you though, Svech is Svech but to me I think the cost is too high with such a premium on quality goaltending.
    Dumba would not likely be a keeper for me (he'd cost a 5th round pick next year and I think there will be better options at that value). Giordano probably wouldnt be a keeper either since he'd cost a 3rd next year. So its mostly who is better this year and I think Giordano is trending much higher than Dumba right now unless Dumba does a complete 180 before Xmas.

Yeah, no argument that Grubs is way better than Jones - that's the main draw for the other guy to take the trade. so it boils down to whether I get enough value out of Svech - he'd be a keeper longer than Wheels but question is whether for the rest of this season, Wheels would turn it around enough to get back on a 70-80 point pace? Dobber's tools shows that Svech and Wheels cover peripherals pretty well with Svech coming out on top slightly.

Other interesting players the other owner has are: Provorov (10th round keeper cost next year), Tom Wilson (gold in a banger - could be keeper, but kinda pricey at 7), Hamilton (But I don't think he'd ever trade him this year). His other keepers are Draisaitl, Barzal, Advidsson, Crosby and Teuvo T.
    TEAM (Previous Year's Keepers in Bold):
    Centres: Eriksson Ek, Crosby, Bennett and Lindholm
    Wingers: Kucherov, J Robertson, Fiala, Wilson, Stone (IR), Konecny (DTD), Terry, Toffoli
    Dmen: Josi, Dobson, Seider, Letang and Montour
    Goalies: Hellebuyck, Demko, Gibson and Ersson

CATS:
    Skater Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, Blk
    Goalie Cats: GS, W, GAA, SA, SV%

Roster:
    2LW, 2RW, 2C, 4D, 2Util, 2 G

12 team, 6-keeper league (keeper cost based on draft position; keeper cost increases by 2 rnds each year until hits 5th round cost, then increases by 1 rnd each year), 19 rnd draft. Undrafted FA pick ups cost 18th round pick to keep.