Thread: Trade in the league I Commish.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Trade in the league I Commish.

League in signature.

Couturier and a 5th in 2020 for Pelech, a 4th in 2021 and a 6th in 2021.

What say you?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Trade in the league I Commish.

Let me guess, the guy dealing Couturier is a bottom team and Couturier doesn't crack his top 8. Am I right?

I joined a limited keeper with a similar set up to yours this year and it's the same crap. The bottom teams have already started dumping their good non-keepers for next to nothing in order to improve their draft position next year. In limited keepers you're bound to see incredibly lopsided trades because non-keepers hold little to no value to teams that are out of the running, it's an inherent flaw with the system.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's a weird deal. The team giving Couturier isn't even really improving it's picks, unless it's trying to target 2021 for some reason.

I'd ask both teams why they are doing the deal. The team receiving Couturier has an easy answer, but the other team will be interesting.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Let me guess, the guy dealing Couturier is a bottom team and Couturier doesn't crack his top 8. Am I right?

I joined a limited keeper with a similar set up to yours this year and it's the same crap. The bottom teams have already started dumping their good non-keepers for next to nothing in order to improve their draft position next year. In limited keepers you're bound to see incredibly lopsided trades because non-keepers hold little to no value to teams that are out of the running, it's an inherent flaw with the system.
    He’s in last place currently, yes. Couturier was a keeper for him. His team is Fleury, Aho, Eichel, Domi, Gaudreau, Barzal, W. Nylander, Keller, Johansen, Meier, Palmieri and Pietrangelo with other depth players.

He said he needed hits and blocks and wanted 2021 picks. de Haan is a free agent and has more hits and blocks than Pelech.

The two teams are good friends. The other team is a top team.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The trade obviously favors the Couturier side, and the fact that the last place guy is dealing Couturier to his buddy competing for a title means that this trade has many of the characteristics of collusion. Having said that, I'd let the deal pass. That guy might be in last place because he's simply not very good at running a fantasy team. Or as Serge said, non-keepers hold little value on the trade market.

I would keep an eye on future trades between these two, though.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Deity

Not every trade is going to be a clear cut winner. I do like Pelech in multicat formats and think he's just scratching his potential but this is definitely selling low on Couturier. I am sure the guy selling Couturier will eventually regret the trade once he comes back around to some extent, but he will probably also still be happy with the production he will get from Pelech for years as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

this is why I make it a democratic vote in my league so that everyone has the chance to collectively turn down lopsided deals.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov