Thread: Barrie for Ghost straight up?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Barrie for Ghost straight up?

As the title says, I was offered a deal: his Ghost for my Barrie. Would you do it? they are about the same right now in points, and Ghost is about 1 million cheaper (I am in a cap league). Any thoughts appreciated.
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Barrie for Ghost straight up?

Barrie is a UFA next year and will demand the big bucks

Ghost is on an ok contract until 2023 and is 2 years younger. Barrie probably has the higher upside overall but is stuck behind Rielly, whereas Ghost is meant to be the big gun in Philly. Barrie could end up very good again next year but at what cap cost?

I take Ghost regardless of his poor performance this year
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pdel21 View Post
    As the title says, I was offered a deal: his Ghost for my Barrie. Would you do it? they are about the same right now in points, and Ghost is about 1 million cheaper (I am in a cap league). Any thoughts appreciated.
    I would. The cap savings is likely to be even greater next year. Either Gostisbehere gets in going on the Flyers, or he's a trade option for teams who would be interested in Barrie as a FA.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Magnificent One

No chance - Barrie's IPP is sub-30%. He will turn it around and put up more points going forward than Ghost.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is about points only and I have to give the nod to Barrie in that respect. Lets not forget that Ghost continues to struggle after a disappointing year last year. Barrie is still adjusting to a new team, but I have confidence in him turning it around, he should still hit 45 -50 points on a high scoring Leafs squad whereas Ghosts' 37 point season last year and his current pace which is even worse, are not encouraging signs and it is unlikely the Flyers match the Leafs in offence. Barrie has put up 3 50 + point seasons (and a 49 pointer as well), Ghost, 1.
    Barrie is surrounded by higher octane scoring than Ghost. The only reason I would do this is for CAP, if that's a major issue then OK, but I still think Barrie is the better scoring option. Summarized, both these guys are having poor seasons so far, but for the reasons discussed I think Barrie is the one who is more likely to get back on track. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    This is about points only and I have to give the nod to Barrie in that respect. Lets not forget that Ghost continues to struggle after a disappointing year last year. Barrie is still adjusting to a new team, but I have confidence in him turning it around, he should still hit 45 -50 points on a high scoring Leafs squad whereas Ghosts' 37 point season last year and his current pace which is even worse, are not encouraging signs and it is unlikely the Flyers match the Leafs in offence. Barrie has put up 3 50 + point seasons (and a 49 pointer as well), Ghost, 1.
    Barrie is surrounded by higher octane scoring than Ghost. The only reason I would do this is for CAP, if that's a major issue then OK, but I still think Barrie is the better scoring option. Summarized, both these guys are having poor seasons so far, but for the reasons discussed I think Barrie is the one who is more likely to get back on track. Hope this helps.

I did in the end make the deal. Cap is a large consideration for me in this case. I already have Chabot who has a big raise coming his way next year, and with Barrie being a UFA, I would guess he does too. I am already at the cap for this year, so this gives me some breathing room, yes I take that Barrie will likely rebound at around 45 points or so, but if Ghost comes within 10 points of him this season, I would be happy with that given the cap savings.
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Superstar

Yep, the cap puts a whole new light on things. I think assuming that Ghost can finish within 10 points of Barrie is realistic, so this is a good move to manage your cap.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf