Thread: Glass, Farabee, Lafreniere

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Glass, Farabee, Lafreniere

I currently own Glass and Farabee.

Would you trade both for a 50/50 shot to land the #1 pick in next year's draft, which I would then use to draft Lafreniere?
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Glass, Farabee, Lafreniere

Is the other 50 the chance to draft Byfield?

Dobber Sports Superstar

This is a tough question. We need to know what the worse case scenario looks like. But, lets assume you do this and it goes your way you get Lafreniere. Both Glass and Farabee are having a very nice start to their young NHL careers, both could flirt with 40 points and that is not to shabby at all. What does that translate into a few years out? Depending on your league setup, the question is, are Glass (projected upside 85, 53 3YP) and Farabee (projected upside 80, 58 3YP) more advantageous to you than Lafreniere whose upside is TBD but lets put it at 115 (equivalent to McDavid's 3YP projected pts this year)? These numbers are a guideline but it amounts to deciding whether Glass and Farabee's combined points are in line with Lafreniere or whether there is a clear advantage one way or the other. McDavid put up 108 points in his third year. Interesting, Glass and Farabee's combined points 3 years out project to 111 pts. What to do? Given that all this is based on the 50/50 going your way, I'm hesitant to advise you to pursue this. My 2 Cents, I'm rolling with the guys I have now.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

If you're guaranteed one of Lafreniere or Byfield, you do this in a damn second.

Both Farabee and Glass are the OP's bench rotation. It like Farabee a lot, and I'm lukewarm on Glass' upside... but that's actually pretty immaterial to this analysis because both of those guys are deep bench in this 10-team league. You can easily replace those guys with waiver fodder for this season, and going forward Lafreniere and Byfield both project much better than either of those guys. So this to me seems a negligible loss of short-term production (waiver fodder should cover for Farabee and Glass in the immediate term) and you get a potential franchise player back.

(for the record, I think Byfield's upside is a solid 10-20 points higher than Lafreniere, though you can't really go wrong with either player... both are surefire NHLers)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would be trading glass and Farabee for another managers first round pick. And this other manager has no chance this season. He will be finishing in the bottom two so I'm going to get the first or second overall pick in our fantasy draft next year.

So whether it's too get Byfield or Lafreniere, or whoever else might be in the top two discussion come next season. Its too early so i don't know much about next year's rookie class, except for what a quick google search might tell me about them.
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

The Great One

You make the deal and never look back.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by jessenguyen41 View Post
    I would be trading glass and Farabee for another managers first round pick. And this other manager has no chance this season. He will be finishing in the bottom two so I'm going to get the first or second overall pick in our fantasy draft next year.

So whether it's too get Byfield or Lafreniere, or whoever else might be in the top two discussion come next season. Its too early so i don't know much about next year's rookie class, except for what a quick google search might tell me about them.
    I'd roll the dice here and make the trade. Just out of curiosity, who is available for you to pick up if you trade those two off your roster now?

Dobber Sports Star

If you'll have a top two pick in the draft, you punt these guys immediately and never look back.