Thread: Do you get angry when you read players notes?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Do you get angry when you read players notes?

It seems like it's one organization that prepares the players notes that Rotoworld, CBS, etc. uses so it's not like there are many different opinions you can get on a player. If the guy writing the note on your player has a slant, does that steam you, especially when you watched the game and have an entirely different take on it? For example, the note for Demko last night "Demko unravels versus Jets". 3 goals on 34 shots is a "rocky outing"? Makes you wonder if that guy is trying to trade for Demko in his league and by posting a lousy note about him he's trying to get the guy who owns him to sell cheap

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Do you get angry when you read players notes?

Geez. Members of the news media have their opinions affect their reporting?? Who would ever have thought that?? I hope that NEVER makes it to the realm of politics !!
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Hehe. Well, it could happen, but I am sure it is extremely rare that the writer of these player notes purposely misleads people for his own purposes. That said, the player notes that most (all) sites put up are usually garbage and often sound like something my wife who doesn't know a puck from a basketball would write. Can't really take em to heart.

That said, If it is a glowing note (say on Fantrax my fantasy site of choice) I might consider throwing a trade out involving that player hoping the auspicious accolades might help tempt the other owner
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Hehe. Well, it could happen, but I am sure it is extremely rare that the writer of these player notes purposely misleads people for his own purposes. That said, the player notes that most (all) sites put up are usually garbage and often sound like something my wife who doesn't know a puck from a basketball would write. Can't really take em to heart.

That said, If it is a glowing note (say on Fantrax my fantasy site of choice) I might consider throwing a trade out involving that player hoping the auspicious accolades might help tempt the other owner
    that's great! Conversely, it's like when you're trying to trade a guy on your team and he gets slammed. It's like..shhh....i'll never move the guy at this rate.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Got mad when I trust the Trocheck note that's for sure.

Dobber Sports Master

The only thing I hate are the notes that say nothing. Like: terrible outing but will look to bounce back. Or, hot right now but let’s see if it lasts.

Obviously if a player is hot he will cool down. If a player is cold he will heat up. Just write: so and so plays hockey in a 82 game season... the daily ups and downs don’t need mention.. so annoying.