Thread: GM on verge of being fired!!!!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default GM on verge of being fired!!!!!

10 team league head to head 1 win Yahoo league. Categories are G,A,+/-, Pp pts, shots, hits, wins, GAA, shots against, save % and shutouts.

I'm 0-4 to start the league. We start 2c, 2rw, 2lw, 4d, 1utility, 2goalies every day.

My team is

forwards: Stamkos, Point, P. Kessel, a svechnikov, e Lindholm, j Neal, e Kane, j marchessault, d Perron and r orielly., j virtanen

D-men: oel, k Yandle, m Giordano, q Hughes and a Edler

Goalies: bobvrosky, p Mrazek, I Samsonov, a georgiev

I'm looking to shake things up. Only unreasonable explanations will be ignored. Who needs to go. I need help.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: GM on verge of being fired!!!!!

Trade Neal if you can get a decent return on him. He will only trend downwards from here (S% of 23.4 w/ career avg of 12%). Somebody may be willing to overpay since he's on Edmonton.
    See if you can offload Point or Kessel because they offer pretty much nothing peripherally (Kessel preferably).
    See if you can pick Meier up for cheap. He's starting to score, plus he hits and is decent with his SOG.
    You definitely don't need 4 G in this format. I'm in a 12 team league and neither Georgiev or Samsonov are owned so that tells you something right there.
    Edler is on career year pace, and at 33 (almost 34) I just don't see it as sustainable. He might fetch you some decent return.
    If this is a keeper league, maybe look at getting younger and getting rid of Giordano as well. Only if you don't think you can compete this year.
    You know you're league and the GMs best. Talk to them and see if they like something on your team.
    H2H - 3 keepers (4 year max.) - 12 teams - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 1 F, 4 D, 1 Util., 2 G, 3 Bench, IR, IR+, IR+

Skaters - G, A, P, +/-, SOG, PPP, HIT, BLK
    Goalies - W, GAA, SV%, SV

C - McDavid, Crosby, Kyrou
    RW - Kuch, P. Kane, Batherson, Wilson
    LW - Fiala, Hagel, Verhaeghe
    D - Dahlin, Hedman, Morrissey, Theodore, Dunn
    G - Hellebuyck, Ullmark, Binnington
    IR - Sergachev

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What categories are you doing relatively well in, and where are you weak? One year, keeper or dynasty?

I'd want to move Yandle and Neal for starters.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It is a keeper league. Commish upped it to keep 14 for next year. I am continuously doing well in A, pp pts, and Shots.

I'm getting hosed in goalie cats except shots against.

I'm hit or miss in goals and hits.

Also Getting hosed in +/-

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Ignore +/-

Your goalies, seem fine to me, really. It's November, so Bobrovsky is coming into form.

Hits is something you can definitely aim to improve. To fix things there you need to move out guys who don't hit much or at all for better rounded guys. Issue is, they may not shoot as much, or something. Find the top 10 forwards on your wire in hits/game that are on a 40 point pace, and see if any of them warrant grabbing. You can try the same thing on D, but you may need to drop that pace to 30 points.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.