Thread: Best Option at D?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Best Option at D?

Multicat salary keeper league in signature.

I own Ryan Suter. While, he has performed at his normal rate thus far and projects for his usual yearly numbers, his cap hit is a bit of a burden. His contract and term, coupled with his age, makes him next to impossible to trade as well. I have Byfuglien on the bench as well, holding out hope.

My question is, taking into consideration it is a multicat salary keeper league, would you drop Suter($7,538,461) for either Niskanen($5,750,000) or Hampus Lindholm($5,205,556)? Looking for the best player for this year and next. Thanks for opinions!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Best Option at D?

I would take Niskanen over him for now, but I would also take a guy like Holl over both of them and use the 7M to upgrade elsewhere.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Pretty deep league so most bargains are likely long gone. I think either of the other two will benefit you overall when factoring in saved salary.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think I'd cut Byfuglien before I'd make that move. Niskanen isn't enough of a savings, and Lindholm is okay at his price point, but not spectacular.

I'm in a really deep (~900 rostered total, including prospects) league, and there are still some D out there who can give you production at minimal cost. Look for any cheap D that has some grit for the replacement.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Duncan Keith, Brian Dumoulin, Nate Schmidt, Alec Martinez,and Jared Spurgeon are also available besides Matt Niskanen and Hampus Lindholm. Just looking for best option. Can keep Suter, but would rather not.

Dobber Sports Wizard

to answer your question, best player for next few years is still Suter but he is the most expensive one. I agree with EB however that you target a very cheap D and use 7m where u can.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Multi cat, I would grab Nate Schmidt if he available. He top pairing on top team getting PP time. If you can get him, can maybe try and get draft pick for Suter.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Any last minute recommendations? Thinking I am going to drop Suter for Keith, Niskanen, Spurgeon, or Schmidt.