Thread: PTS only - Jamie Benn dropped! Pick him up?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question PTS only - Jamie Benn dropped! Pick him up?

Hi all,

League in my signature. Is J. Benn worth swapping in for someone on my current squad? I only have 4 more moves left for the season.

Any of these other notable names on waivers worth considering as well?
    - William Nylander
    - Joe Pavelski
    - Timo Meier
    - Jack Hughes
    - David Perron

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Points + Wins only / 7 teams / 1-Year League / 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 IR / 6 transactions MAX (5/6 used)

Forwards: P. Kane, B. Wheeler, J. Huberdeau, D. Larkin, P. Kessel, N. Backstrom, T. Teravainen, W. Nylander, J. Voracek, K. Connor, S. Reinhart, T. Meier

Dmen: E. Karlsson, J. Carlson, K. Yandle, D. Doughty, M. Dumba, A. Pietrangelo

Goalies: F. Andersen, C. Hellebuyck, T. Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: PTS only - Jamie Benn dropped! Pick him up?

Id consider Perron.....but in a points only Im just not sure it is there for Benn anymore.

The Great One

Do you acquire the points of the player you pick up?

Given this is points only and one-year league, I've seen enough to cut bait on Toews.

Who I'd pick up depends on the answer to the first question...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Agreed on cutting ties with Toews. He's not going for it like he did last year, so I'd put his ceiling around 60 points.
    In which case I'd grab, in order (ceiling in brackets):
    Perron (65) - hottest player right now. Drop him if he gets cold
    Nylander (70) - decent now, could get even better
    Meier (65) - loads of skill, but on a dump of a team right now.
    Pavelksi (60)
    Hughes (55)
    12 Team H2H - 1 year - daily lineup - 4 goalie starts per week
    C,C,L,L,R,R,D,D,D,D,Utility,G,G,BN,BN,BN,IR,IR+
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA

C: Eichel, Giroux (RW), Trocheck, Danault
    LW: Kaprizov, Forsberg,
    RW: Rantanen, Marchessault, Buchnevich
    D: Bouchard, Heiskanen, Gustafsson, Theodore, Jones
    G: Jarry, Raanta
    IR: Fox, Bennett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies guys.

No, we don’t acquire any past point totals from players, only moving forward.

I was thinking Perron too initially but are there any concerns with injury? Again, my league has a limit of 6 moves and I’ve already used 2.

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't think he's a big enough upgrade to justify one of four moves. At this stage I'd keep a close eye on him and specifically his deployment (which is pretty good right now, if the top line/PP unit heats up and he remains on it then it's probably worth the move. But with only 4 moves you have to be as close to sure you're getting an upgrade as possible and I'm not there right now).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I’d say no to Benn however Perron is worth a limited move

He has season long pickup value being a major component on the Blues to replacing Tarasenko who looks to be out the rest of the regular season...and if you have to drop someone for a pickup, it should easily be Toews
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for all of the insights guys. Rep given.

Sounds like a Toews swap is the move here. He does have 3 pts in the last 2 games after tonight but he is playing away from Kaner on both ev and pp.

Is Getzlaf worth some consideration here as well instead of Perron? Reading a few articles that seem to indicate that he’s having a bounce back season and he’s also available on the wire.

Perron > Getzlaf ROS for points?
    Points + Wins only / 7 teams / 1-Year League / 12F, 6D, 3G, 3 IR / 6 transactions MAX (5/6 used)

Forwards: P. Kane, B. Wheeler, J. Huberdeau, D. Larkin, P. Kessel, N. Backstrom, T. Teravainen, W. Nylander, J. Voracek, K. Connor, S. Reinhart, T. Meier

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Apologies, not meaning to bump this thread but I'm in dead last right now and wondering if I need to make some moves or stand pat. I've won the last 2 years so this is crappy territory

To make things even more confusing on my end, I just saw the back-to-back "Wild West: Drop or Not" and "Geek of the Week" articles where one is advocating to drop Toews while the other is saying buy, buy, buy!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Do your 4 remaining moves include injuries?
    I’m used to making 4 moves per week, so this is foreign territory. However, I’m not sure any of them are worth 1 of 4 moves, and definitely not if that doesn’t account for injuries. Not sure how far behind you are, but I’d be sitting a bit longer before burning a move. Especially since Chicago has 4 games this week.
    12 Team H2H - 1 year - daily lineup - 4 goalie starts per week
    C,C,L,L,R,R,D,D,D,D,Utility,G,G,BN,BN,BN,IR,IR+
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA

C: Eichel, Giroux (RW), Trocheck, Danault
    LW: Kaprizov, Forsberg,
    RW: Rantanen, Marchessault, Buchnevich
    D: Bouchard, Heiskanen, Gustafsson, Theodore, Jones
    G: Jarry, Raanta
    IR: Fox, Bennett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by bvandyk View Post
    Do your 4 remaining moves include injuries?
    I’m used to making 4 moves per week, so this is foreign territory. However, I’m not sure any of them are worth 1 of 4 moves, and definitely not if that doesn’t account for injuries. Not sure how far behind you are, but I’d be sitting a bit longer before burning a move. Especially since Chicago has 4 games this week.
    Thanks.

Yes, temp replacements for IR players counts as moves.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kobe View Post
    Apologies, not meaning to bump this thread but I'm in dead last right now and wondering if I need to make some moves or stand pat. I've won the last 2 years so this is crappy territory

To make things even more confusing on my end, I just saw the back-to-back "Wild West: Drop or Not" and "Geek of the Week" articles where one is advocating to drop Toews while the other is saying buy, buy, buy!
    The drop or not article referenced Patrick Kane, so I take that article with a pillar of salt. The other one had some decent points.

The issue I have is with only 4 moves left for the year, you have to worry about injuries, and I'd hold them for now. Toews will get ice time, so he should be okay, not great, but good enough. I wouldn't do it for a possible 10 point upgrade right now, when you need moves badly, having used 1/3 of them in the first month. Get another week or two in, and then evaluate again.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Great insights here. Rep given. Thank you all.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Reviving this thread as I’m sure others are wondering as well...

7 pts in his last 4 games. Is Benn back or is this just a flash in the pan? He’s still sitting on the waiver wire in my league.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I’d be picking him up.
    Meier is also heating up though. Points only one year league there isn’t much between these two. So probably choose your preference.