Thread: David Perron??

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default David Perron??

Not a name that I have ever been particularly excited about, but... it would seem that with Tank out for the foreseeable future, he's getting perhaps the best deployment of his career, clicking on a line with ROR and all the juicy PP1 minutes he can handle. And the crazy thing is... when you dig a little deeper on frozen tools, his advanced stats aren't out of whack at all. In fact going back to his days with VGK, he's had 127p in his last 142g. That's... more than I thought!! About a 74p pace (though he's injured a lot). And while his S% is a little high at 20%, he's actually hovered around there for the last 3 seasons. In fact outside of that, everything else — PDO, IPP, 5on5S% — is all in the normal / sustainable range.

Any thoughts? I mean I'm guessing that S% drops a bit, no way he maintains his 90p pace or whatever he's on now... but if the Blues keep winning and don't make any significant changes, could he maintain something around that 75p pace for the bulk of the season? I'm thinking long and hard about picking him up in my simplest Pts only keeper (scoring in sig). The one thing holding me back is I have very limited moves... but I feel like he might be the kind of sneaky WW snag that really makes a difference.
    10-team H2H points-only keeper, daily changes (2021 season only), 9F, 3D, 2G, 10 bench. Keep 15 (In bold)

Skaters: G=3, A2, PPG=1, PPA=0.5, SHG=2, SHA=0.5
    Goalies: W=4, SO=6

F: Kucherov, Eichel, Huberdeau, Pettersson, Boeser, Backstrom, Tavares, Giroux, Atkinson, W. Karlsson, Bertuzzi, Buchnevich, Dvorak, Ritchie, Rossi
    D: Krug, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, R. Andersson
    G: Andersen, Helle, Kuemper, Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: David Perron??

I'm shocked he's not currently rostered in your league. In the last 2 1/2 seasons he's been a go to contributor when it comes to driving offense. He's been extremely consistent and has earned the coach's trust. Definitely pick him up!
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm surprised too that he is available/ definitely pick him up. STL share minutes across the lines and Perron has been with ROR throughout the season so far.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Superstar

Perron has been sneaky good throughout his career, your research has demonstrated that. When he gets a plum deployment he typically delivers solid numbers. He's in a plum situation again! Chances are he takes advantage, grab him before someone else does!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

It would be easier to give advice if we knew just how many moves you have, and who - if anyone - you'd have to drop to acquire Perron.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    It would be easier to give advice if we knew just how many moves you have, and who - if anyone - you'd have to drop to acquire Perron.
    Gah! I lost him to the guy who owns Tank. He dropped almost his entire FAAB budget on him. Makes sense for him I guess, Tank was a big part of his roster and he's desperate. Too expensive for my taste, I'll be in the mix for the chip and preserving a decent chunk of that budget is super important come playoff time.

Our WW rules and # of moves are sort of complex (weird given the simple league) so I didn't want to confuse an already long post. I was going to drop a very useless Jimmy Howard (my 4th G in a start 2G setup), which I would have had zero problem doing. We have pretty long benches so there's usually at least one relatively easy drop. Anyway I'll be ok — it'll be interesting to see if Perron's production holds up and if he can stay healthy.

Thanks for the thoughts tho!! I was honestly surprised by his advanced numbers, nice to know I wasn't off the mark.
    10-team H2H points-only keeper, daily changes (2021 season only), 9F, 3D, 2G, 10 bench. Keep 15 (In bold)

F: Kucherov, Eichel, Huberdeau, Pettersson, Boeser, Backstrom, Tavares, Giroux, Atkinson, W. Karlsson, Bertuzzi, Buchnevich, Dvorak, Ritchie, Rossi

The Great One

When he went to Vegas it all seemed to click for him and he's definitely the real deal - I don't see him slowing down.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Love your username OP

What a classic and throwback to the glory days hahah
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks13 View Post
    Love your username OP

What a classic and throwback to the glory days hahah
    One of the best sports comedy moments of all time