Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with Gustafsson?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: What's wrong with Gustafsson?

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    There is a lot of context that you are not considering or are ignoring. Do you know that the Hawks PP has been terrible? It can't get much worse with Boqvist on the point.
    You mean the Hawks needed reinforcements from the Ice Hogs PP that was 0 for 29 until Boqvist finally scored his first professional point in 6 games? The Hawks PP is at 9%, I don’t think they are looking for help from a team that is 3% on the PP at a lower level. So yes, the PP could be worse.

Final point, Boqvist is a right handed shot, Gus is a lefty. It’s easier and quicker for a lefty to get the puck to the right wall where Kane sets up. The Hawks PP will be running through Kane all year no matter how bad their PP gets.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by McDeichel View Post
    You mean the Hawks needed reinforcements from the Ice Hogs PP that was 0 for 29 until Boqvist finally scored his first professional point in 6 games? The Hawks PP is at 9%, I don’t think they are looking for help from a team that is 3% on the PP at a lower level. So yes, the PP could be worse.

Final point, Boqvist is a right handed shot, Gus is a lefty. It’s easier and quicker for a lefty to get the puck to the right wall where Kane sets up. The Hawks PP will be running through Kane all year no matter how bad their PP gets.
    Boqvist is not ready to be a full-time NHLer and this move is surprising since team sources said they wanted Boqvist to work on his defensive game and pacing before coming to the NHL. The common thought was that he would get called up around midseason unless there were injuries. The only reason for a callup now that makes sense is that they want shake things up with Gustafsson. Keith is awful on the PP and there is no one else that can competently QB the #1 PP. Like I wrote earlier, they did not call up Boqvist to be scratched and I highly doubt they want both Gus and Boqvist in the lineup. I suspect they scratch Gus on Saturday as a wake-up call in response to Tuesday's debacle in Nashville. While I only watched the 1st period, I heard that Gus had a terrible showing in the defensive zone. He was on the ice for 2 of the 3 goals with an awful effort on the 3rd goal. Multiple people are calling for him to get scratched when Seabrook comes back. It would not surprise me at all to see the Hawks dress Keith, Maata, De Haan, Seabrook, Koukkouk, and Boqvist on Saturday. And Koukkouk has been playing very well if anyone is wondering. Ultimately, Boqvist is not ready for a full-time NHL role so I see this as temporary move.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Agree 100% , good post !

One good season of cushy minutes with allstar talents on the pp.
    He never had a season besides that with much more than half a point per game at any level .
    The guy in our league is trying to trade him touting him as the second coming . One season too late .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Sage

Pairings in today’s practice:
    Keith/Boqvist
    de Hana/Seabrook
    Koekkoek/Maata
    Gilbert/Gustafsson

PP1
    Keith, Strome, Kane, DeBrincat, Shaw
    PP2
    Boqvist, Nylander, Kubalik, Towe’s, Dach
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ace

So what you’re saying is...EVERYBODY PANIC!
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

What in thee actual eff! Lol

This is looking bizarre. What a crazy story to begin the year, I wonder how it all unravels
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Pairings in today’s practice:
    PP1
    Keith, Strome, Kane, DeBrincat, Shaw

PP2
    Boqvist, Nylander, Kubalik, Toews, Dach
    If the bolded change goes through and sticks for any length of time, Keith becomes a solid add.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    If the bolded change goes through and sticks for any length of time, Keith becomes a solid add.
    Colliton has said that the PP times are going to be split evenly as a “competition.” Make no mistake- Keith is not good on the PP and is one of the main reasons for their poor PP over this run. He is poor at zone entries, has an inaccurate snapshot, he’s indecisive, and he is constantly looking for tips and slap passes. While I agree his value improves slightly with this deployment, I am not rushing to add him.

Dobber Sports Immortal

What a frustrating start to the year. Bought into the hype and feel like a dummy.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thinking of sending a low ball trade offer to the Gus owner in my league.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Thinking of sending a low ball trade offer to the Gus owner in my league.
    Exactly

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

It's not just Gus. Klingberg, Yandle, Barrie, Dumba, Subban etc.
    I'd suggest that if you didn't draft Gus where you did there's a good chance one of the other strugglers would have been drafted there.

There's alot of underperforming offensive d men 10-15 games into the season.

I think it speaks to the year to year variance being significantly higher with defensemen than forwards.

John Carlson is a great example on the other end. On pace for 125 points, now he doesn't get there but he could easily go ppg this season. Would anyone be shocked if he finished with 60 next season?
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    What a frustrating start to the year. Bought into the hype and feel like a dummy.
    I feel your pain. I grabbed him late with the thought that even if he dips down to 40 pts it would still be good value. At the very least thought he would be good for decent peripherals across the board. But this current situation is worrisome. What a drastic change in deployment.

Dobber Sports Stud

To be fair, I owned Gustafsson last year, I picked him up around January if I remember well after another owner just decided to drop him when he went a bit cold. I picked him up before he went on this crazy run to get him past 60 points to finish the year, so really things can change and I suggest you all try to buy low if you don’t own him or stay patient if you do. We’re only one month into the season.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    It's not just Gus. Klingberg, Yandle, Barrie, Dumba, Subban etc.
    I'd suggest that if you didn't draft Gus where you did there's a good chance one of the other strugglers would have been drafted there.

There's alot of underperforming offensive d men 10-15 games into the season.

I think it speaks to the year to year variance being significantly higher with defensemen than forwards.

John Carlson is a great example on the other end. On pace for 125 points, now he doesn't get there but he could easily go ppg this season. Would anyone be shocked if he finished with 60 next season?
    lol. Take a look at both leagues im in. Super fun on the back end at the moment.
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA: