Thread: Anthony Mantha

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Anthony Mantha

Hey guys,

Currently I own Anthony Mantha. He was off to an amazing start and was on both the 1st line and 1st pp. Now for the last 3-4 games hes been down on the 2nd line and 2nd pp, and I'm not sure if I should just move him while I still can or he'll get moved back.

Would you guys be worried?

I got an offer of Giordano and was thinking of accepting.
    g,a,+-,pim,ppp,sog,hits,blks
    g,g

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Anthony Mantha

I’m in the same boat. To me, it seems the Wings are doing what they can to spread whatever offence they have around. They’re not going to move Larkin down because he’s Larkin, and moving Bertuzzi down probably doesn’t help much since he’s not really going to do what a guy like Mantha or Larkin can do. So unfortunately, Mantha draws the short straw. As a Mantha owner, I’m also hoping this isn’t permanent. With the chemistry that line had earlier, I can’t see them being broken up for long. Larkin, Bertuzzi, and Helm is not ideal. Haha

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Detroit needs one of Zadina/Veleno/Svenchinkov to step up, they're not going to trade for a top six (and any teams who are moving a "top six" the player is likely a fringe top six at best, too bad Fletcher still isn't in Minny, he was giving away top six players for peanuts lol). Honestly, without one of them emerging this year, I don't see any help for Detroit/Mantha this year. Other poster pretty much nailed it, Larkin is "THE guy" in Detroit, he ain't moving anywhere, Bert has good chemistry with him and can't carry/elevate a line by himself, so it unfortunately falls to Mantha at times to ignite the other lines.

Detroit badly needs a goalie (Raanta?) they need a legit stay at home D for their backend and to let their young D core marinate for a bit more. They also need one of their big 3 forward prospects to step up and contribute at the NHL level, even with all that they should probably go out and sign a top six forward next free agency (not sure what their cap situation is like).

tl;dr Mantha is going to be playing with scrubs on and off for the entire year.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Deity

I can see their lineup changing from time to time. Most teams do it to try and spread it out. Mantha will be moved around and will eventually be back up with Larkin again for a while.

As far as your trade offer goes, it's hard to justify doing it without all the info, such as your full roster and how many you start at each position to determine your teams strengths and weaknesses.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."