Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gusev healthy scratched

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Gusev healthy scratched

He’s an NHL player. I don’t know if the potential to be a star nhl player is there but he’s got pro elements to his game. His mind, hands and shot are all NHL calibre. His skating and strength are not. Don’t know if they can be improved to the point of being an all-star, in fact highly doubt it... but if they can be improved, then he’s a lock for top 6. How well he does after that is anyone’s guess.

I will say he’s looked better each game in the last 5 or so.

Administrator

35-point pace playing third line minutes. I'll take it. I'm not surprised by his slow start, changing leagues and all. Good things are coming!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Magnificent One

Yeah do hope he puts all these items together. Tonight he got an assist and had a few other chances. Hit the post big time. The announcers and during the breaks and after the game they spent a big amount of time on him. Almost like they saw your question lol. They talked about how he is looking better making better calls offensively and defensively. Showed his clips from this game.

Honestly they started talking about one play where he stick handled the puck away from the other team and got it out and that was good as it showed confidence and control. However that was 5 feet in front of his own net with traffic. That could have gone horribly wrong and to me the opposite of what they were saying. It shows immaturity and he should have looked to clear it fast.

However even with that yes his shot release is amazing. He can shoot that puck in seconds and switch the play from a pass to a shot. He has that. So if he can put together some other stuff he could make a very good nhl player.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    35-point pace playing third line minutes. I'll take it. I'm not surprised by his slow start, changing leagues and all. Good things are coming!
    TIL the net is bigger on Olympic sized rinks
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Master

Minus 1 in the only goal scored in the game... 8:31 ice time.. Ouf. Growing pains

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    TIL the net is bigger on Olympic sized rinks
    In Russia goal scores you

Dobber Sports Master

A goal and a post and he’s having a great first two periods tonight. Looks a lot better out there. Still not a power skater but he’s getting to the right areas.

The Great One

5 sogs too!

Im not discounting Jerseys struggles as a whole, the power imbalance (hughes/Hisch) affecting other offensive roles, and the language barrier is huge! Some russian player are fairly fluent when they come or at least have a working base. Apparently thats not Gusevs case and one reason he was initially reitcent. We dont always give those things the weight they desserve. Its an issue thats resolvable though- and I think the best is yet to come...

Administrator

Even in his current role he's bringing value to the team. Low minutes yet he's tied with Hischier for 3rd on the team in pts/60. He's already a productive and competent NHL player with so much room to grow. Of course there's going to be bumps in the road, especially if he's kept in a role with fewer minutes and lesser linemates. But I like where this is going.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm surprised at the leash he's getting here. I dumped him October 14th and haven't looked back. Shallower league, so of course that matters and his value will vary league to league.

The limited sample size I've seen of him playing in the NHL left me less than impressed but I'll remain optimistic because of all the trusted opinions in this thread and keep a close eye on him.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'm surprised at the leash he's getting here. I dumped him October 14th and haven't looked back. Shallower league, so of course that matters and his value will vary league to league.

The limited sample size I've seen of him playing in the NHL left me less than impressed but I'll remain optimistic because of all the trusted opinions in this thread and keep a close eye on him.
    I would have done the same but team is trying to rebuild and I took hm with my 3rd. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Dobber Sports Master

I’m in a deep dynasty with no waiver wire so it’s easy to stash. I think he’s starting to show the player he can be. A lot looks good except the skating. If there was a way to improve it to even league average, he’s a top 6 player no question. After that, all bets are off.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I’m in a deep dynasty with no waiver wire so it’s easy to stash. I think he’s starting to show the player he can be. A lot looks good except the skating. If there was a way to improve it to even league average, he’s a top 6 player no question. After that, all bets are off.
    I was wondering... what are your thoughts on Gusev's skating?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I was wondering... what are your thoughts on Gusev's skating?
    He trolls around the ice

Dobber Sports Immortal

Another point and 4 SOG. Wooop