Thread: Week 9 - Need to Drop Due to Bye Weeks

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Week 9 - Need to Drop Due to Bye Weeks

Hey, I've got a fantasy football question that I need a second opinion on, or maybe more.

Because of having a number of players on bye week, I need to drop someone. I'm trying to formulate a trade in the meantime, but if I can't do that by the weekend I'll need to drop someone in order to have a full lineup.

League scoring is mainly based on touchdowns (6 pts), with 50 passing yards per point and 20 rushing/receiving yards per point.

Candidates to drop due to bye weeks:

Julio Jones - usually a stud, but losing Matt Ryan might hurt an already bad team and hasn't had a TD in 5 weeks
    Joe Mixon - hasn't been great and Bengals are horrible, but at least he's still their top RB
    Latavius Murray - he's been a beast the past 2 weeks, but Kamara could be back after bye, which would be a massive hit to his value
    Austin Hooper - tried to trade him to a team that needed a TE, but that team opted to trade for Travis Kelce instead - TDs last three weeks and has become a must-start

I'm leaning toward one of the last two, but not sure which one. Appreciate any takes from any fantasy football players out there.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Week 9 - Need to Drop Due to Bye Weeks

I think of those options the drop has to be Murray. The other three are proven, and Murray is the only one whose value is tied to someone else's health.
    Try looking at the Kamara owner for a small return for Murray instead of dropping him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Week 9 - Need to Drop Due to Bye Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think of those options the drop has to be Murray. The other three are proven, and Murray is the only one whose value is tied to someone else's health.
    Try looking at the Kamara owner for a small return for Murray instead of dropping him.
    Funny, I just thought of reaching out to the Kamara owner right before I read your reply. However, he's in the same situation as I am when it comes to bye weeks, so adding another bye week player won't help him this week. I could offer a multi player deal, but quite honestly there's not a lot on his roster that I'm either interested in or that would help my team.

I agree that dropping Murray will be my best option. I have my eye on adding Tyrell Williams of the Raiders, since he's caught TDs in every one of the five weeks he's been active, and he has a favorable matchup against the Lions.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding