Thread: Ryan Donato vs Francouz/Jarry

Administrator

Default Ryan Donato vs Francouz/Jarry

24 team H2H multi-cat dynasty with farm rosters and salary cap. Start one per day. Goalie cats are W, SAV, SA, GAA, SV%, SO (so there's value in going either for volume or averages - I've been targeting the latter based on my setup). I have several NHL goalies (Georgiev, Merzlikins, Jarry, Francouz) rotating in and out of the farm in addition to Varlamov who is my main starter.

Someone approached me offering Donato for either Francouz or Jarry. Depending on how things play out both Jarry and Donato could lose their minors eligibility early next season.

I have more of a need for F depth but I'm also not going to reach to improve in that area. Donato has potential but he's wildly inconsistent and when he's not producing he doesn't offer much else in a multi-cat setting. It's also worth noting when Donato loses minors eligibility he'll have to go to my main roster at a cost of $1.9M. It'll hurt if he's going through long stretches doing nothing at that price.

What say you? Is Donato worth moving a good prospect G?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Ryan Donato vs Francouz/Jarry

In my opinion he's not worth it. Value from goalies depend on each league but based on your info I don't think Donato is enough of an upgrade.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Even in your situation I value both Jarry & Francouz a lot more than Donato. Someone should be willing to pony up for a better return than that.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

I posted a poll on Twitter and the response is the same, which is the way I was leaning initially. Donato has to be doing something of value to justify the $2M. I'm going to go hunting for something good.

Thanks!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust