Thread: Is DeAngelo legit?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Is DeAngelo legit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I dropped him so i could keep Faulk
    Yup me too.

Dobber Sports Icon

Nope...don't buy the hot streak. He will probably finish the season with 30 or so points and little peripherals. He's not good enough defensively to warrant playing on anything more than the 3rd line. He will probably be a healthy scratch for 10+ games over the rest of the season.

Dobber Sports Stud

Would you take him over Klefbom? Klef 0 pts in last 5 games but still shoots a lot

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Nope...don't buy the hot streak. He will probably finish the season with 30 or so points and little peripherals. He's not good enough defensively to warrant playing on anything more than the 3rd line. He will probably be a healthy scratch for 10+ games over the rest of the season.
    I think you're wrong. Rangers have been waiting for him to step into his own since last season. Last season he played 61 games = 30pts. He had a stay on IR ad was a healthy scratch, but he was only 23yrs old then.
    He finished strong last season(21pts in final 36 games. Also was finally playing on top PP unit) and is off to a very go start this season. Yes Trouba will finish with more points, and so he should; for now.
    Most projections this yr have DeAngelo putting up 38 or more pts. I believe he finishes the year in the low 40's

If you can get him, do it. You will be getting a good young offensive defenseman who is getting better and better.

Previously someone mentioned the blocked shots. He had 83 last year.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Rookie

The only way DeAngelo isn't legit at this point is if he starts abusing refs (as he's done in the past) and gets a long suspension.