Thread: Heiskanen, Pionk, Schultz, Hronek!?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Red face Heiskanen, Pionk, Schultz, Hronek!?

10 Team H2H League
    G A PPP +- HITS BLKS

Looking for my 5th D-man (Hedman, Jones, Edler, Provorov)
    Who should I target ROS?

Best FA
    Heiskanen
    Dallas has talent on both pp units, but will they be doomed all season!?
    Schultz
    On PP#1 but not producing much. Will lose spot when Malkin returns....unless a Letang goes down
    Pionk
    Somehow is getting prime pp minutes over Morrissey. Will this continue and how far down the line does he fall if/when Byfuglien returns!?
    Hronek
    I have Larkin already on the top pp. Not sure if Hronek takes pp1 this season and if it improves to want to have 2 players on it

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers all!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Heiskanen, Pionk, Schultz, Hronek!?

I opted for Pionk & Hronek, although all 4 guys named here are interesting pick ups. Pionk is a keeper until he's bounced off the first PP. And I'm counting on Hronek getting more PP1 time over Green & Cholowski as time goes on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Pionk has been top FA in my league for a few weeks now. He covers all categories and pp#1, for now. I guess guys are turned off about the Morrissey/Byfuglien factor. Maybe I will capitalize on that, until he gets bumped!
    I’d love to pick up Heiskanen, but wish he would cover categories better. SOG and blks are decent. I just wondered if Dallas will ramp it up and Heiskanen goes FULL THROTTLE.

Dobber Sports Sage

Interesting list as you could make a case for all of them. Probably one or two of them will do significantly better than the others going forward but choosing the right one is difficult. Likely 2 flop but I don't know which two.

When in doubt I go for deployment - Schultz is second pairing and PP1 and is a bit snake bit right now, I think his deployment on PP1 is safe as long as Malkin is out.

Pionks PP1 deployment is great but will it last with Morrissey in the line up? I lean towards no.

Hronek I really like as well and he is top pair and running PP1. My concern with him as a defensemen is team scoring, which Detroit lacks.

Heiskanen is probably the best player of the group on a struggling Dallas team with no chance at PP1 barring a Klingberg injury.

After typing it out I go Schultz here until Malkin is back. Then he becomes a reasonably easy drop and I re-assess. One or two fo these guys will probably continue to struggle until that time and likely will be available. I think there is no terrible choice here and we are just trying to guess which one might pop in the short term. If possible I would also stream them in and out based on short term deployment and game selection (Number of games and opponents). Great to have these types of defenders available and in my opinion they are all in a similar tier right now.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Interesting list as you could make a case for all of them. Probably one or two of them will do significantly better than the others going forward but choosing the right one is difficult. Likely 2 flop but I don't know which two.

When in doubt I go for deployment - Schultz is second pairing and PP1 and is a bit snake bit right now, I think his deployment on PP1 is safe as long as Malkin is out.

Pionks PP1 deployment is great but will it last with Morrissey in the line up? I lean towards no.

Hronek I really like as well and he is top pair and running PP1. My concern with him as a defensemen is team scoring, which Detroit lacks.

Heiskanen is probably the best player of the group on a struggling Dallas team with no chance at PP1 barring a Klingberg injury.

After typing it out I go Schultz here until Malkin is back. Then he becomes a reasonably easy drop and I re-assess. One or two fo these guys will probably continue to struggle until that time and likely will be available. I think there is no terrible choice here and we are just trying to guess which one might pop in the short term. If possible I would also stream them in and out based on short term deployment and game selection (Number of games and opponents). Great to have these types of defenders available and in my opinion they are all in a similar tier right now.
    Thank you. Stream option seems to be the best, based on amount of games. Schultz, until Malkin returns, seems to be the best option for now. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on the others though. Especially Heiskanen.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If Heiskanen was available in my league , I would jump on it in a heartbeat !
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Rookie

Of the 4, the one guy who is emerging as a solid PP1 guy is Hronek. I love Heiskanen, but he still plays in Klingberg's shadow. Schultz may or may not be on PP1. Pionk has Morrisey looking over his shoulder. Hronek is really separating himself from Green & Cholowski right now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Moritat View Post
    Of the 4, the one guy who is emerging as a solid PP1 guy is Hronek. I love Heiskanen, but he still plays in Klingberg's shadow. Schultz may or may not be on PP1. Pionk has Morrisey looking over his shoulder. Hronek is really separating himself from Green & Cholowski right now.
    I agree. It really comes down to Heiskanen vs Hronek.
    I really like Heiskanen aswell, which is what makes the decision hard.
    Hroneks situation is much better with PP1.
    It’d be an easier decision if Dallas spread the talent throughout 2 PP units like a lot of teams seem to be doing this year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hronek over the field, and then Pionk over Heiskanen & Schultz for now.

Hronek is the best bet to hold PP1, and is adequately physical.
    Pionk is more physical than Heiskanen, and is on PP1 right now.
    I like Heiskanen over Schultz, as do most, I think.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.