Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I inherited an old team in a keeper league, here are all the trades I made!!!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: I inherited an old team in a keeper league, here are all the trades I made!!!

There's enough analysis in here on the trades, so I won't add additional comments to that.

One thing I will urge you to do though, is sell high on Drouin. I think you should be able to get a pretty good return for him, and I'll reference some information I put out on him in another thread below:

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Drouin is a MAJOR sell high. He's shooting 20.6% right now with 15.2% at 5 on 5! Those numbers will fall. If we correct to career norms he has about 7 points in 13 games for a 44 point pace as opposed to the 76 point pace he's currently on. Even if he is showing improvement this season, I would only expect 40-45 points from him for the rest of this season.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: I inherited an old team in a keeper league, here are all the trades I made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    There's enough analysis in here on the trades, so I won't add additional comments to that.

One thing I will urge you to do though, is sell high on Drouin. I think you should be able to get a pretty good return for him, and I'll reference some information I put out on him in another thread below:
    You don’t think he could be reaching his potential of a 3rd overall pick? He’s still only 23 or 24, and he is passing the eye test, to go along with the stats. And MTL has young offensive talent that could provide good linemates in future years.

I don’t know how much I could get for him. I guess at this point, the only thing I have to consider whether or not he could turn into a keeper by the end of the year, since I’m in a rebuild year.

Dobber Sports Novice

5. Gave Hertl/Vrana/Reinhart/Binnington for Hughes

Think I’m all traded out for now...

10-team standard scoring, 10 keepers (rebuild/tank mode, took over team in 2019-20, still building keepers)

C- Strome, Schmaltz, Hughes, Suzuki, Frost, Dach, Necas, Patrick
    LW- Laine, Drouin, Buchnevich, Beauvillier, Farabee, Kaprizov
    RW- Rantanen, Svechnikov, Meier, Olafsson, Zadina, Fiala, (Lafrenniere? )
    D- Empty
    G- Samsonov, Demko, Blackwood

Keepers- TBD, TBD, TBD

Administrator

Common mistake here is not being patient. You had to get young and you had to get young immediately at any cost so you lost a bunch of trades badly in order to get there. Maybe getting young is the right move in the big picture but if your trades are better you end up with better assets for your rebuild.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust