Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tarasenko Day-to-Day with UBI

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Tarasenko Day-to-Day with UBI

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Good to know Fantrax has a sports medicine department. Looks like he’s done for the year. No point in posting to this thread anymore fellas. Any news regarding Tarasenko is apparently not news at all.
    not sure what your problem is ; its derived from an nhl.com report . maybe put me on your ignore list ?

I own him in two dynasty leagues so I wouldnt mind at all if news was posted , good or bad fellas

Dobber Sports Monster

https://canadanewsmedia.ca/blues-tra...-says-nhl-com/

“We’ve had positive news on Vladimir Tarasenko,” Armstrong said Tuesday"

“He’s training well, skating in our morning skates. There’s no new update on a timeline, but things are moving positive in that fashion. With the addition of Marco, I would say we’re going to assess the trade market between now and Monday, but with the cap situation, with (long-term injured reserve for defenseman Jay Bouwmeester), with a lot of the math equation that goes in, any deal I would say going forward is going to be strictly a hockey trade, which are very rare this time of year.”

“That 5-6 month window takes us from early March to early April,” Armstrong said. “The way he’s training now, I’ve talked to him the last couple of days. He looks great but again, we have to get the doctors to sign off on these things. I don’t want to get the cart too in front of the horse. It’s not like you’re going to see him on Thursday or Sunday or anything like that. Just an update that he’s doing well and progressing and hopefully whether it’s early March, mid-March, end of March, early April, that will be our great acquisition for the forwards at the deadline.

Sounds like they are going to keep the cap space open and get him back sometime in the next month or so.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Their deadline activity tells us everything we need to know about Tarasenko. If they leave enough space for Tarasenko to return before the salary cap disappears at playoff time, then that's because he's returning. Or at least he's supposed to be returning. If they fill the void then we know he's not back till playoff time.

The news is encouraging so far but then again there could be some misinformation in there. Wouldn't be the first time.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Their deadline activity tells us everything we need to know about Tarasenko. If they leave enough space for Tarasenko to return before the salary cap disappears at playoff time, then that's because he's returning. Or at least he's supposed to be returning. If they fill the void then we know he's not back till playoff time.

The news is encouraging so far but then again there could be some misinformation in there. Wouldn't be the first time.
    I was about to add him from the wire, but I'm waiting on McDavid and don't want two spots (no IR spot in my league) tied up and redoubled back to this that you stated. I thought based on pmorrow's great share that he was a full go and soon, but like you said... that deadline inactivity or activity is the real story.

EDIT: I couldn't shake the idea that the guy who owned him previously, whom I might meet in playoffs, may have seen this article. Recently got burned out of Buchnevich by a guy who won't make the playoffs (pet peeve for a redraft league) and didn't want that movie playing again.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Master

from The Athletic

General manager Doug Armstrong believes Tarasenko (shoulder) will return before the end of the regular season, Jeremy Rutherford of The Athletic reports.

Analysis:Armstrong even hinted that Tarasenko could beat the initial five-month timeline and return in early or mid-March, according to Lou Korac of NHL.com, although the former is certainly aggressive because this was Tarasenko's second shoulder surgery in three years. Another sign pointing toward Tarasenko's return before the playoffs is that Armstrong is only looking for "hockey trades" leading up to the Feb. 24 deadline, meaning he expects the sniper's $7.5 million cap hit to be on the books by the end of the season. Barring a setback, Tarasenko could be available for the fantasy playoff period, and he may be worth a stash for managers in the hunt.

Dobber Sports Monster

"As the trade deadline came and went without a Blues’ move Monday, Armstrong said it.

“It was a situation where we’re getting Vladi back,” Armstrong said via Blues social media. “We think he should be back within the next few weeks. That’s a huge addition to us.

“The sooner we can get Vladi back the better,” Armstrong said. “I’d like to see him get as many (regular-season) games in as possible,"

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hock...3aaaa1026.html

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

This makes me very happy for the Dobber roto league

Dobber Sports Immortal

Planned to start contact drills later this week.

Dobber Sports Monster

Great to hear, would he be a good chap and get back for the start of my fantasy playoffs on March 9th please?

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Master

Head coach Craig Berube said Tarasenko (shoulder) will travel on the team's three-game road trip and will start taking contact soon, Jeremy Rutherford of The Athletic reports. "We're going to get some physicality on him next week and hopefully he feels good through that, Berube said.

Analysis:The team isn't going to rush Tarasenko back into the lineup, but they want him to continue practicing with the team. He's been working in a no-contact capacity, and with contact coming soon, Berube relayed that the team will sit down with Tarasenko and the medical staff when they return from the road trip March 9 and decide on a timeline for the sniper to return. It would be beneficial for Tarasenko to get five or six regular-season games under his belt before the playoffs, which the Blues have essentially locked up. The Blues have survived admirably without Tarasenko in the fold, but his return will be a major boost after five straight seasons of 30-plus goals and 33 tallies over 70 career playoff games.

Dobber Sports Monster

The Blues have placed Troy Brouwer on waivers, a move some people in the Blues beat seem to think is due to Tarasenko's return to the lineup.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    The Blues have placed Troy Brouwer on waivers, a move some people in the Blues beat seem to think is due to Tarasenko's return to the lineup.
    Lovvvvvvvvvve it. Cmon Tank!

Dobber Sports Monster

He is not going on the 1 game road trip to Anaheim. People seem to think thats because he's ramping things up on the ice for the next home game. I hope so.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'll just have to make it to week 2 of playoffs to reap the benefits. I didn't expect to make it at all when he went down early anyway.

Jeremy Rutherford
    @jprutherford

Berube says Tarasenko is progressing well, but probably won’t play this weekend. #stlblues