Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2019 World Series

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default 2019 World Series

Well I guess I missed starting this earlier....but what a shocker so far. Verlander looked pissssssssssssed last night when Pressly put 2 on immediately.

GO.....NATS

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2019 World Series

Nats are a team destined to win. I picked them in 7, but at this point that might be way off.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Nats are a team destined to win. I picked them in 7, but at this point that might be way off.
    Yep. When Cole and Verlander lose back to back for the first time all season.....Wow.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep. When Cole and Verlander lose back to back for the first time all season.....Wow.
    Verlander is the only pitcher ever to lose his first 5 WS starts.

Curious on his innings pitched those yrs. Guys automatic, but an arm can only do so much till it's hurting.

Dobber Sports Jedi

That "Curly 'W'" call to end the game... might be the worst in sporting history. It took me a while to figure it out. I was scared that MLB had allowed McCains curly fries sponsorship rights to the World Series
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Gotta love the Nats.
    I can't remember the last championship sports team I've seen where the majority of the guys are age 30 or older.
    Then they got a small sprinkling of SUPER dynamic kids.
    Vets!

Dobber Sports Titan

Nationals:
    9 players are 29 or younger
    16 players are 30 or older
    Average age is 30.5yrs old
    10.84yrs of experience on average.

Astros:
    13 players are 29 or younger
    12 players are 30 or older
    Average age is 29.4yrs old
    10.68yrs of experience on average.

*avg experience is based off of 1st yr of Affiliated Baseball. (Alvarez, who's 22yrs old, 1st played affiliated baseball in 2013 for 6yrs of experience)

Dobber Sports Padawan

The Nationals are probably the best team I've seen in any sport, for a long time. Not on paper - Houston is clearly a better team on paper.
    But the Nationals seem to have something special - where the sum of all the individual parts is somehow greater than you'd expect it to be. Just a wonderfully constructed "team" and I sure hope they win this series. Although, I'm hoping Houston wins at least a couple to make it interesting.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    The Nationals are probably the best team I've seen in any sport, for a long time. Not on paper - Houston is clearly a better team on paper.
    But the Nationals seem to have something special - where the sum of all the individual parts is somehow greater than you'd expect it to be. Just a wonderfully constructed "team" and I sure hope they win this series. Although, I'm hoping Houston wins at least a couple to make it interesting.
    And all of it started on a rookies mistake in RF in the WC game. Brewers had that game on lock down!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    And all of it started on a rookies mistake in RF in the WC game. Brewers had that game on lock down!
    Oh, yes!!! Great point.
    Isn't it interesting that terrific teams always seem to get breaks like that at just the right time.

I see that with great poker players all the time. They're great, sure. But they also seem to have this knack for always sucking out when they desperately need it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...nts-reporters/

Wow, mid series.
    This is certainly an odd situation.
    I mean, the GM fired a guy for saying loudly "thank God we got Osuna" as a mocking gesture towards a female reporter. Am I allowed to say "female" anymore? I honestly don't even know.
    Anyway, point being, how do you fire the Assistant GM but keep the wife beater on your roster?!?!

If you're going to publicly comment on the "values" of your franchise and making an example of the AGM, maybe Osuna shouldn't have been acquired and he should sit out the rest of the series ?
    You can't have it both ways. Either you're woke. Or you ain't woke.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This whole thing is a shit show. Only doing it to appease the media because all of their answers and responses have been wrong so far. I am not even sure if they would have done it if they weren't down 0-2.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/ml...nts-reporters/

Wow, mid series.
    This is certainly an odd situation.
    I mean, the GM fired a guy for saying loudly "thank God we got Osuna" as a mocking gesture towards a female reporter. Am I allowed to say "female" anymore? I honestly don't even know.
    Anyway, point being, how do you fire the Assistant GM but keep the wife beater on your roster?!?!

If you're going to publicly comment on the "values" of your franchise and making an example of the AGM, maybe Osuna shouldn't have been acquired and he should sit out the rest of the series ?
    You can't have it both ways. Either you're woke. Or you ain't woke.
    He directed it at a female reporter who's open about being a "female abuse activist", it's not like he said it to the GM, he somehow found the only females in the room and said it. It's also based on him first saying the reporter made it up. This is probably handled differently if it's owned up to instantly.

I do agree though, you can't fire someone for this after trading for the guy who hit a woman allegedly. But sadly if you're an athlete and are good, you get a lot more leash. Which is dumb.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    He directed it at a female reporter who's open about being a "female abuse activist", it's not like he said it to the GM, he somehow found the only females in the room and said it. It's also based on him first saying the reporter made it up. This is probably handled differently if it's owned up to instantly.

I do agree though, you can't fire someone for this after trading for the guy who hit a woman allegedly. But sadly if you're an athlete and are good, you get a lot more leash. Which is dumb.

Also, not only was the AGM being an intentional scumbag towards that reporter, he was also being a moron because his taunt made no sense.
    They won that game in spite of Osuna, not because of him. Who watches his pitcher go out and blow a save like that and then proclaim loudly right after the game "thank God we got this guy!" Absurd.
    If I'm the reporter, I'm probably just as confused as I am offended. I'm thinking "dude, you look so DUMB right now."

Dobber Sports Titan

And we have a game 7. What a performance by Strasburg.

Comes down to the best FA signing pitcher ever (Scherzer) and the Stro's new toy (Grienke)