Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trocheck

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Trocheck

Anyone follow FLA closely, do you have any insight on Trocheck? I'm trying to assess his value.

He did have that one big year with 75 points but every other year he's been around mid 50s or pacing for mid 50s. He had top PP minutes in his career year, which he seems to have lost to Hoffman now so there goes 10-12 points right there.

What is more concerning is his production after his big leg injury last season. Since coming back from his injury he has played 45 games and has amassed 26 points, which paces him for 48 points over 82 games. Does he look like the same Trocheck as before the injury? Has he lost a step?

What are people's expectations of him?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Trocheck

60-65 this year with really solid periphs.

I recommend not combining his GP in 18/19 post injury with any games this season.
    He came back almost a month earlier than expected. Clearly too soon.

He hasn't lost a step - he just lost PP1 to Hoffman's shot.

Every year prior to 18/19 - all he did was improve and exceed expectations.
    Losing the spot with PP1 hurts... but he's still a multi-cat stud you want to own.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    60-65 this year with really solid periphs.

I recommend not combining his GP in 18/19 post injury with any games this season.
    He came back almost a month earlier than expected. Clearly too soon.

He hasn't lost a step - he just lost PP1 to Hoffman's shot.

Every year prior to 18/19 - all he did was improve and exceed expectations.
    Losing the spot with PP1 hurts... but he's still a multi-cat stud you want to own.
    Thanks for your thoughts. He did improve almost every year - he took a slight step back in 2016/17 season but had that big jump the following season.
    What concerns me is that his production in all other years except for 2017/18 points to that year being an anomaly. Do you think he can get back to 70+ points. With the solid peripherals, we count PIM and Hits (the latter with a diminished value), his value is higher than just points.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. He did improve almost every year - he took a slight step back in 2016/17 season but had that big jump the following season.
    What concerns me is that his production in all other years except for 2017/18 points to that year being an anomaly. Do you think he can get back to 70+ points. With the solid peripherals, we count PIM and Hits (the latter with a diminished value), his value is higher than just points.
    He can get back to the 70pt plateau, but he's going to need PP1 deployment to do it. which means an injury to someone or a trade.
    coming back from that injury, this year. I'll be satisfied/happy with 60-65pts.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

Yeah, 60-65 with PIM and hits is good.

I'm trying to decide if I should give up DeBrusk, Fox and Elvis for Trocheck. Getting the best player is usually the direction you want your trades to go in. Salary cap, G,A,PPP,PIM,+/- and Hits(0.25 the value of other cats)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Any other thoughts on Trocheck?

Dobber Sports Icon

I like the 60-65 prediction - that plus consistently high sog numbers makes him a pretty valuable C in my league. And with Barkov often banged up (like right now, he’s playing hurt again) means he’ll get some PP time and in the meantime his ES numbers should be solid centering the underrated sniper Hoffmann.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have kept him, still expecting 55-65 plus 115+ hits, before last year he played 76-82-82 games over three seasons, too.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think if you treat him as a 55-65 pt player you’ll be satisfied, but expecting 70+ might set one up for disappointment (not that it can’t happen if things break right). His current PPTOI falls right in line with the two seasons prior to the 75 pt campaign and is around 45% of the team PP time vs 67% in the career year. He paced for 57 and 54 pts those years so personally that’s about what I expect as a floor, with the upside for more depending on injuries, line shuffling, etc.

Of course if you start adding categories like SOG and hits his value increases immensely.

The Great One

I like what I've seen from him, Hoffman and Connolly - I think that line can do things if all stay healthy, especially with the best defenders keyed in on the Barkov/Huberdeau/Dadonov line. Yes, losing PP1 time hurts, but unlike last season PP2 isn't a total wasteland and Florida doesn't lean on it's PP1 too excessively. I think he'll give you a scoring pace in the 60s going forward.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

So I traded for Trocheck and he has been underwhelming since my acquisition.
    14 points (only 4 goals) in 22 games, does not shoot nearly as much as he used to - 54 SOG in 22 games and does not even hit that much - just 29 hits in 22 games. I am afraid he is overvalued based on that one season he had 75 points. He's not even pacing to 60 points this season. Even when his linemates get a point, he is often left off the scoresheet. I am wondering if this is just a temp down period for him or should I try to trade him.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So I traded for Trocheck and he has been underwhelming since my acquisition.
    14 points (only 4 goals) in 22 games, does not shoot nearly as much as he used to - 54 SOG in 22 games and does not even hit that much - just 29 hits in 22 games. I am afraid he is overvalued based on that one season he had 75 points. He's not even pacing to 60 points this season. Even when his linemates get a point, he is often left off the scoresheet. I am wondering if this is just a temp down period for him or should I try to trade him.

I agree that he seems to be overvalued these days since his career year and season before. His current point pace and peripherals still play well in multi cat leagues, but looking at his ice time it's not a surprise we're seeing lower totals. TOI is way down at all strengths and he's just not leaned on like in the past--lots of mouths to feed in Florida.

Personally I think what you see is what you get. Somewhere around 50-60 pts, 200 SOG, 100 ish hits might just be the new norm for him without a bump in usage.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by RevRath View Post
    I agree that he seems to be overvalued these days since his career year and season before. His current point pace and peripherals still play well in multi cat leagues, but looking at his ice time it's not a surprise we're seeing lower totals. TOI is way down at all strengths and he's just not leaned on like in the past--lots of mouths to feed in Florida.

Personally I think what you see is what you get. Somewhere around 50-60 pts, 200 SOG, 100 ish hits might just be the new norm for him without a bump in usage.
    I'm afraid that may be the case. I thought I was buying low a month ago; oh well. Maybe next year with the departure of one of Hoffman or Dadonov (likely given cap space), Trocheck gets back on the juicy PP1. But I don't understand his TOI decline, as he is still C2. Should be 18-19 minutes.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm afraid that may be the case. I thought I was buying low a month ago; oh well. Maybe next year with the departure of one of Hoffman or Dadonov (likely given cap space), Trocheck gets back on the juicy PP1. But I don't understand his TOI decline, as he is still C2. Should be 18-19 minutes.
    His TOI in recent games is especially concerning. Perhaps related to his injury?

But yeah I think with the current roster this is about what to expect fantasy wise. Losing those 2+ minutes per game really hurts the production across the board. I would imagine any injuries within the top 6 would bump up his value, though.

Dobber Sports Wizard

to me something is not right with him..but i think he is talented enough to fix it..once he does, watch out. I think he will be better for rest of the season than he has been so far...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones