Thread: Drop Olofsson??? Too many rookies??

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Drop Olofsson??? Too many rookies??

I’m struggling on who to drop once some guys come off IR. I’d love to drop kakko but believe may be better to hold on until he starts to do something so I can maybe trade him for like a 3rd or 4th round pick. So that would leave me with Olofsson or Cernak. I am rebuilding for a run next year hopefully but at the same time don’t want to just bomb the whole season. Was thinking of picking up either Tatar or Silfverberg. I’m looking to add some hits so hesitant to drop Cernak.

I dunno, what are you thoughts on dropping Olofsson for Tatar (who does hit and also gets PP time).
    Yahoo 12 team Keeper League (roto):
    Stats: (G), (A), (P), (+/-), (PIM), (PPP), (HIT), (BLK)
    Goalies: (W), (GAA), (SV), (SV%)

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, Util, G, G, IR+, IR+, IR+

Sebastian Aho Car - C
    Ryan Johansen Nsh - C
    Tomas Tatar Mon - LW,RW
    Timo Meier SJ - LW,RW
    Kaapo Kakko NYR - RW
    Mikko Rantanen Col - RW
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson Ari - D
    Ivan Provorov Phi - D
    John Klingberg Dal - D
    Neal Pionk Wpg - D
    Jack Hughes NJ - C
    Vincent Trocheck Fla - C
    Rasmus Dahlin Buf - D
    Anthony Mantha Det - LW,RW
    John Gibson Anh - G
    Mikko Koskinen Edm - G
    Cale Makar Col - D
    Evgeni Malkin Pit - C

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Drop Olofsson??? Too many rookies??

Quote Originally Posted by Brick81 View Post
    I’m struggling on who to drop once some guys come off IR. I’d love to drop kakko but believe may be better to hold on until he starts to do something so I can maybe trade him for like a 3rd or 4th round pick. So that would leave me with Olofsson or Cernak. I am rebuilding for a run next year hopefully but at the same time don’t want to just bomb the whole season. Was thinking of picking up either Tatar or Silfverberg. I’m looking to add some hits so hesitant to drop Cernak.

I dunno, what are you thoughts on dropping Olofsson for Tatar (who does hit and also gets PP time).
    Dropping Olofsson or Kakko with the intention of competing in 2020-21 is a bad idea.
    Especially for Tatar.
    You don't care who gets what deployment right now. It's pure upside - and a lot of it you want. That's what you've got in Olofsson & Kakko.

Hold tight. Maybe make a note to yourself you planned to throw away 2019-20 season originally.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Why are you looking at dropping one of them with Cernak on your roster?
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

The Great One

If you are looking to compete next year, why do you want to make such a marginally upgrade right now? Is it to make your draft position worse for next year? Or to make your keepers worse for next year? Or both? If next year is the plan, I'd be looking to see what you can get from James Neal.

Mind you, all of this could be moot because I have you've provided no details on how your keeper system works (full keeper, partial keeper, rookie slots, yadda yaddA)

Dobber Sports Novice

Points noted. Just frothing at the bit to make a deal I guess. Neal prob is best to get deal out of too since he fills a lot of categories. I'll throw him around see what I can get. Not even a month into the season any way... We keep 5 skaters

Case closed, thanks for the feedback!!!
    Yahoo 12 team Keeper League (roto):
    Stats: (G), (A), (P), (+/-), (PIM), (PPP), (HIT), (BLK)
    Goalies: (W), (GAA), (SV), (SV%)

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, Util, G, G, IR+, IR+, IR+

Sebastian Aho Car - C
    Ryan Johansen Nsh - C
    Tomas Tatar Mon - LW,RW
    Timo Meier SJ - LW,RW
    Kaapo Kakko NYR - RW
    Mikko Rantanen Col - RW
    Oliver Ekman-Larsson Ari - D
    Ivan Provorov Phi - D
    John Klingberg Dal - D
    Neal Pionk Wpg - D
    Jack Hughes NJ - C
    Vincent Trocheck Fla - C
    Rasmus Dahlin Buf - D
    Anthony Mantha Det - LW,RW
    John Gibson Anh - G
    Mikko Koskinen Edm - G
    Cale Makar Col - D
    Evgeni Malkin Pit - C

The Great One

Keep 5 is interesting. My advice - identity your top 5 pronto. Then shop Neal. Then shop everyone not in your top 5. Get as many picks for next year (or beyond) than you can. If you sell early, there could be lots of teams still in the hunt for things. And if you end up in last place - even better - as you'll likely draft sooner next year.

Guys like Mantha and Meier could get good returns (assuming they aren't in your top 5). Or a healthy Malkin.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take what als_revenge says, but modify it slightly.

If you have no chance to make the playoffs this year, identify your top 10 guys right now, and anyone who could break into that before your trade deadline (Kakko, for example). Shop anyone performing well who isn't in that group, and work your way through the season trading off players. If Gibson is in that top 10, feel free to take a bad golaie back if you can upgrade a skater. You want to keep only skaters in a keep 5 unless you have an elite goalie.

There is NO reason to drop Olofsson for Tatar.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.