Thread: Need advice on how to shake up my team

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Need advice on how to shake up my team

Yahoo 8 man league, 16 players/team. G-6, A-4, PPP-2, SOG-0.5, Block-0.5. Goalies - Win-5, GA-(-2), Save-0.5, SO-5.
    Goalies seem to be pretty heavily favored. I'm currently running 4 hoping to use one as trade bait but not having much luck. I'm currently 0-2, seems like I have a lot of big names but not much production.

Who's worth holding onto? Who should be switched out for waiver wire adds (4 waiver adds/week)?

Name current rank
    C-Zibenejad 32, Barkov 206, Aho 287
    LW-DeBrincat 268, Huberdeau 89,
    RW-Radulov 254, Voracek 257, Dadonov 82,
    D-Burns 66, Rielly 24, Nurse 70, Dumba 233
    G-Gibson 8, MA Fleury 1, Hellebuyck 6, Vasilevsky 49

Current top 15 waiver guys
    Korpisalo 37, Ehlers 48, Smith 50, Koskinen 53, R Smith 57, Edler 59, Domi 61, Petry 67, Greiss 69, Nelson 72, Miller 73, Stastny 76, Horny 77, Wild Bill 83, Burakovsky 87

Top 15 projected waiver guys
    Dubnyk 20, Jones 44, Lundqvist 49, Hertl 59, Varly 61, Meier 63, Arvidsson 71, Monahan 83, Horvat 92, Pavelski 102, PLD 105, Rakell 115, LaBanc 122, Domi 123

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Need advice on how to shake up my team

Trade Fleury and Voracek for Rantanen. Stash him on IR. Pick up Meier and Dubnyk.
    Wait on Aho, Radulov and Dumba.

- - - Updated - - -

And DeBrincat.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Unfortunately, no IR and the Rantanen owner said he intends on just setting his lineup each week and leaving his team be. Any other options?

Dobber Sports Titan

I'll stick with my theme. Move Fleury and Vorachek for an upgrade at F, and then pick up Meier or Dubnyk.
    Or, drop Vora for Meier, and trade Fleury with Rads or DeBrincat for the F upgrade.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

I can't say I want anything to do with Dubnyk this year. I'd gladly take half of Edm's tandem as a consolation if I had to. Or just waiver churn to fill roster needs.

Don't pay too much attention to current rankings. There's a lot of in-season correction that will happen.
    Patience is probably the biggest piece of advice anyone can give you
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4