Thread: Better Hawk Own: Strome or Kubalik?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Better Hawk Own: Strome or Kubalik?

Asked a buddy of mine who's had Hawks season tix for decades how he would rank Cat, Strome and Kubalik on points only? Here's what he replied...

Kubalik has been very impressive early on ... Cat
    top points for sure .. you would think Strome next after last year but he looks off so far .. also Kubalik is a shooter on the pp and they feed him .. he will get a lot more shots and points will be close .. but Strome also plays w Kane so he will get his points as well .. probably go Strome 2nd for now but Kubalik will be close and assuming shots count could be a dark horse

How would you rank them? I'm itchy to drop Strome for Kubalik. I watched him at WJC and was really impressed by him. Strome was thought to have had an outlier of a season in Chicago last season with many feeling a big drop was coming.

Strome or Kubalik and how would you rank(on points only) Cat, Strome and Kubalik and how close is it?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Better Hawk Own: Strome or Kubalik?

Can't say much about Srome, but Here's my answer to another Kubalik-thread: I can't watch many Hawks games but have seen Kubalik play a fair bit in the Swiss league. While I'm aware that our league isn't the NHL, Kubalik was argueably the very best fwd in the whole league last season and he has just entered his prime. With the Hawks this could go two ways imo: he's either looked at as the perfect 3rd liner who hits considerably often and can chip in some offense because he'd good on both sides of the puck - or coaching staff likes so much what they see that he eventually lands a gig on one of the scoring lines (e.g. Shaw shouldn't be exactly untouchable there, should he?) in which case I could see 50 to 60pts with strong peripherals. For what it's worth, I've picked him up for my farm and am playing him on my big team right now.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jones
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...