Thread: Igor Shesterkin?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Igor Shesterkin?

Any chance he gets a call up if this team keeps giving up 4+ goals nightly?
    He's playing well ( 3-0) in the ahl right now, and from what I've read he's suppose to be the goalie of the future for this franchise.
    Rangers are a poor defensive team it seems so I'm not sure he's the answer anyway.
    I wonder if he forces their hand if it continues though?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Igor Shesterkin?

I can't guess the future but if I were a gambling man, I'd say the only way he gets called up anytime soon is if there's an injury.

Yes they invested in key pieces like Panarin and Trouba, but this is still a pretty young team in the early stages of a rebuild. Shesterkin is a key part of that but I think they are good letting him dominate in the AHL compared to getting peppered like Hank and Georgiev are getting in the bigs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm also guessing that Shesterkin is staying in the AHL this year. He's a stash for next year. Georgiev's new contract this year and Lundqvist's next year will give us a lot more info at the end of the year.
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Star

Shesterkin likely needs time to grow and adapt to the North American ice. There is no good reason to bring him up now and potentially harm his development, other than the possibility that he'd win the Rangers a couple of more games than their current goalies.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I find that unlikely, because the Rangers only have 1 goalie playing below average, and it's not Georgiev, who can be sent down without waivers for now.

Lundqvist ahsn't been that bad, but the team's defense has been that bad.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would bet he stays in the AHL for the year as well for development. But, anything could happen. Last year, I think most thought Carter Hart wasn't gonna get NHL games, or maybe just a small cup of coffee, but circumstances happened and then...ya know. So it's unlikely, but who knows?!
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso