Thread: Murray+ for Bob+?

The Great One

Default Murray+ for Bob+?

Curious- I had a hard time making the first offer- but had a feeling there was some bias on my part. The bias is that I think Murray is a bit underrated and substantially younger. the bias comes in that Hanifin likely wasnt enough for neal but I find Neal so hard to value because its a keeper and he has shown his value can go off an absolute cliff at any given moment. Im high on hanifin which Ill get to- but had already come to terms with the fact id likely have to bump him up to Risto. I like Hanifin because I was not really invested in prospects in his draft year and when i managed to get a copy of the years future watch I was pleasantly surprised to rread all the glowing praise they had for my Hani-friend (lol :P).

Forwards: G4, A2, Sog1, +/-1, Pim0.25, Hatty +3, Special teams +1
    Defense: G4, A2, Sog1, +/-3, Pim/Blocks/Hits0.25, Hatty +3, Special teams +1
    Goalies: Wins 6, Shutout3,Sv0.3 (Points for Goals(4) and Assists (2) as well)

Offer:
    Murray/Hanifin
    For
    Bob/Neal

Questions?

- Which side do you take?
    - Is either side "absolutely brutal"?
    - Is Hanifin a severe drop off from Risto?
    - Do we prefer Bob to Murray?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Murray+ for Bob+?

Fair offer, I would prefer the Bob side because despite the start (which to me is just new team, new system, etc), he is a Top 3 goalie and you'd get the BPID

Hanifin is a 10-point dropoff from Risto
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This is almost the best scoring system for Murray, points solely for wins and stopping pucks without ratios. I still prefer Bobrovsky because he's a better goalie and more durable.

Hanifin is a drop off from Ristolainen right now. If Ristolainen gets dealt somewhere with better deployment the gap could grow.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Bob/Neal - as Dobber said, Bob is best player in the deal

No, although I believe the Murray/Hanifin side says no

Since you're in a multicat league, I'm going to say yes. Not just in terms of points, but look at SOG/hits/blocks/PIM. It's a fairly significant gap. I'd say to the point where I'd pass on adding Risto, especially if we don't know what to expect from Neal going forward.

I think so, although anything can happen with goalies.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    Bob/Neal - as Dobber said, Bob is best player in the deal

No, although I believe the Murray/Hanifin side says no

Since you're in a multicat league, I'm going to say yes. Not just in terms of points, but look at SOG/hits/blocks/PIM. It's a fairly significant gap. I'd say to the point where I'd pass on adding Risto, especially if we don't know what to expect from Neal going forward.

I think so, although anything can happen with goalies.
    Ok- yea the Risto one is scary because imho sogs are pretty "OP" in this league- lol! With assists at 2 and sogs at 1- heavy shooters are incredibly potent options. The other thing that might get lost in the fine print is just how impactful Dman +/- is- its nuts really- lol! Plus or minus three for each +/-. Risto has historically struggled there and if you combine that with Buffalos struggle he was borderline unrosterable. I think that has changed. First hes a prime trade candidate so theres that. Second I think its starting to become clear Buffalo has turned a corner. I dont think he'll ever be a +/- stalwart but I think the days of challenging for league worst are over. Im hoping he carves out a Krug to Dahlins Chara type of role- Ghost to Prov, Yandle to Ekbla- and so on and so forth- lol! Even 45 points and I think 50 is a possibility- with 200 or so sogs and at least even although I feel like +10-15 is attainable on that team- and hes a top 20 asset. Sogs are that impactful and hes a shooter...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    This is almost the best scoring system for Murray, points solely for wins and stopping pucks without ratios. I still prefer Bobrovsky because he's a better goalie and more durable.

Hanifin is a drop off from Ristolainen right now. If Ristolainen gets dealt somewhere with better deployment the gap could grow.
    I hadnt considered that!! I was looking at age but at 30 I dont think were really even worried. I dont bother looking outside a 2-3 year timeline in most instances- it just felt like a net positive to be able to add another 5-6 years on top...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Fair offer, I would prefer the Bob side because despite the start (which to me is just new team, new system, etc), he is a Top 3 goalie and you'd get the BPID

Hanifin is a 10-point dropoff from Risto
    Thanks! I think I still agree about Bob- but we have the option to start 2 goalies- start 1 g and 4 d- but allow for one forward flex and one defensive flex that can be a d or g- and his other workhorse is Andersen who has struggled quite a bit as well- although I guess thats a theme for Freddies octobers- lol! His last goalie is Broissot for what its worth. Mine are Saros/Raanta/Nilsson. Saros Raanta have such great upside but in a weekly starts format you need to pick your weeks (4 gamers with a b2b or two) to make sure you can get at least 2 starts out of them. Nilsson has been sooooo good!! But he cant buy a W for the life of him. Thats just life in ottawa right now...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I hadnt considered that!! I was looking at age but at 30 I dont think were really even worried. I dont bother looking outside a 2-3 year timeline in most instances- it just felt like a net positive to be able to add another 5-6 years on top...
    Consider that about 3 playing years with Murray's injuries. There's also no guarantee he's on Pittsburgh past the expansion draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Consider that about 3 playing years with Murray's injuries. There's also no guarantee he's on Pittsburgh past the expansion draft.
    Touche! Thats a good poin- part of Bobs appeal is his status as a games played workhorse too...

- - - Updated - - -

In the end it sounds like weve agreed to just move on and go our separate ways on the trade market...