View Poll Results: Which slow starters will still score their predicted point total?

Voters
84. This poll is closed
  • Sebastian Aho (86 points)

33 39.29%
  • Tyson Barrie (61 points)

6 7.14%
  • Kyle Connor (67 points)

25 29.76%
  • Jake Gardiner (39 points)

15 17.86%
  • Shayne Gostisbehere (55 points)

4 4.76%
  • Bo Horvat (58 points)

49 58.33%
  • Jack Hughes (72 points)

6 7.14%
  • Kaapo Kakko (54 points)

15 17.86%
  • John Klingberg (58 points)

20 23.81%
  • Kevin Labanc (61 points)

13 15.48%
  • Jonathan Marchessault (70 points)

11 13.10%
  • Timo Meier (64 points)

46 54.76%
  • Joe Pavelski (62 points)

8 9.52%
  • Ryan Pulock (45 points)

11 13.10%
  • Alexander Radulov (71 points)

6 7.14%
  • Rasmus Ristolainen (47 points)

9 10.71%
  • Eric Staal (59 points)

4 4.76%
  • Jonathan Toews (71 points)

2 2.38%
  • James van Riemsdyk (60 points)

14 16.67%
  • Keith Yandle (59 points)

17 20.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Which slow starters will still meet expectations?

The Magnificent One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Which slow starters will still meet expectations?

With some teams still only having played barely a handful of games, it might seem a bit early to push the panic button on slow starters. Then again, history has shown that at least some players who limp out of the gate never end up recovering.

With that in mind I bring you this week's poll. The poll question is a simple one – which of these 20 currently disappointing players do you think will right their ships. In other words, which players, despite their poor starts, will nevertheless still end up with a final points total that is no less than what was their projected full season scoring expectation (according to the DobberHockey Fantasy Guide). You can vote for as many or as few players as you believe will reach their predicted scoring total.

To not clog up the poll, here's a list of the 20 players, in alphabetical order along with their current 82 game scoring pace (through October 20th) and their preseason projected scoring total according to the DobberHockey Fantasy Guide.

Sebastian Aho (Current Scoring Pace = 27 points; Projected Scoring Total = 86 points)
    Tyson Barrie (Current Scoring Pace = 36 points; Projected Scoring Total = 61 points)
    Kyle Connor (Current Scoring Pace = 33 points; Projected Scoring Total = 67 points)
    Jake Gardiner (Current Scoring Pace = 18 points; Projected Scoring Total = 39 points)
    Shayne Gostisbehere (Current Scoring Pace = 0 points; Projected Scoring Total = 55 points)
    Bo Horvat (Current Scoring Pace = 31 points; Projected Scoring Total = 58 points)
    Jack Hughes (Current Scoring Pace = 20 points; Projected Scoring Total = 72 points)
    Kaapo Kakko (Current Scoring Pace = 13 points; Projected Scoring Total = 54 points)
    John Klingberg (Current Scoring Pace = 24 points; Projected Scoring Total = 58 points)
    Kevin Labanc (Current Scoring Pace = 31 points; Projected Scoring Total = 61 points
    Jonathan Marchessault (Current Scoring Pace = 45 points; Projected Scoring Total = 70 points)
    Timo Meier (Current Scoring Pace = 31 points; Projected Scoring Total = 64 points)
    Joe Pavelski (Current Scoring Pace = 10 points; Projected Scoring Total = 62 points)
    Ryan Pulock (Current Scoring Pace = 10 points; Projected Scoring Total = 45 points)
    Alexander Radulov (Current Scoring Pace = 33 points; Projected Scoring Total = 71 points)
    Rasmus Ristolainen (Current Scoring Pace = 27 points; Projected Scoring Total = 47 points)
    Eric Staal (Current Scoring Pace = 20 points; Projected Scoring Total = 59 points)
    Jonathan Toews (Current Scoring Pace = 27 points; Projected Scoring Total = 71 points)
    James van Riemsdyk (Current Scoring Pace = 0 points; Projected Scoring Total = 60 points)
    Keith Yandle (Current Scoring Pace = 31 points; Projected Scoring Total = 59 points)

Note that I was limited to just 20 poll choices, which explains why you don't see the likes of Jake Debrusk, Phil Kessel, Ryan McDonagh, Nino Niederreiter, Tyler Seguin, and Mats Zuccarrello, to name just a few, as choices despite them arguably deserving inclusion as well.

As always, although these polls are meant to be enjoyable, please vote objectively so your fellow Dobberites can count upon the results to shape decisions in terms of trades or roster moves.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Which slow starters will still meet expectations?

I don't think any of these players will meet the point totals in the brackets next to their names. I do think many of them will rebound and still have good seasons, but the slow start to the season may mean 5-10 points less on their season totals, which means they likely aren't going to hit their pre-season expectations (which for some players may have been too high to begin with).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Magnificent One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Which slow starters will still meet expectations?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I don't think any of these players will meet the point totals in the brackets next to their names. I do think many of them will rebound and still have good seasons, but the slow start to the season may mean 5-10 points less on their season totals, which means they likely aren't going to hit their pre-season expectations (which for some players may have been too high to begin with).
    I can respect that opinion, and would've included a "none of the above" choice were it not for the fact that - as you can see from my post - there were already too many names to list as voting choices and the poll restricts me to just 20 spots.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Meier, Horvat, Connor, and Aho are the ones I voted for. Aho is going to really have to turn things around to make it, but I think he can go through a stretch of 20 points in 10 games to put him back on track - he has that kind of talent.

As for the other three, they're all solid players, who have talent, support, and opportunity to put up points. None of their projections are overly high for them either.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Meier, Horvat, Connor, and Aho are the ones I voted for. Aho is going to really have to turn things around to make it, but I think he can go through a stretch of 20 points in 10 games to put him back on track - he has that kind of talent.

As for the other three, they're all solid players, who have talent, support, and opportunity to put up points. None of their projections are overly high for them either.
    Im close Aho and Meier seem like locks. I think March is just a matter of time as well and KK motly because 54 seems like an easy target. One hot streak and hes right back on pace. I didnt vote Horvat but I could see it. Connor Ive always viewd more as a complimentary player and with the L1 Laine experiment working so well I could see it being a hard road to 70 points. Theyve got a lot of different options for the 5th man on PP1...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I can respect that opinion, and would've included a "none of the above" choice were it not for the fact that - as you can see from my post - there were already too many names to list as voting choices and the poll restricts me to just 20 spots.
    totally understand...and I wasn't being critical at all. I just honestly think a 5-10 game cold spell could result in a significant reduction in total points. I think some are more likely than others to still meet their predicted point total (Kakko and Horvat jump out at me). For some players (Aho, Gostisbehere, Barrie, Hughes, Marchessault, Toews), I think Dobber's Guide was a bit too high on them from the start. Easy for me to say that now that the season has started, I realize, but I did feel that way when I looked through the guide. Not saying I would have done a better job at predicting player points, btw. Dobber and company are imo the best prognosticators in the business.

Anyway, let's just call this a "bold" prediction by me that none of the players listed reach the number in the brackets next to their name. Hopefully I'm wrong, though.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Aho, Meier, Klingberg, Horvat, Pulock
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I went with Meier, Horvat, and JVR. JVR has been snakebit on scoring luck, and think that's likely going to even out.

The guys looking to get to 70+ I think are going to have trouble, also the defenders at 40+.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.