Thread: Thoughts on Kakko and Gusev?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Thoughts on Kakko and Gusev?

I have both these players in different leagues but was wondering what peoples thoughts on them going forward? Both have started incredibly slow especially Gusev in my opinion. Are they worth dropping or hold onto them for a bit? Does anyone think they produce as they're both at the bottom of production in all my leagues.

Thanks for the comments
    13 Team Best Ball. Pts G,A 1:1 Ratio. 2 Drops (for injured player) for the season. No Pos.
    Auston Matthews, Tim Stutzle, Nico Hischier, Adrian Kempe, Elias Lindholm, Patrick Laine, Filip Forsberg, Gabe Vilardi, Logan Cooley, Owen Tippett

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Thoughts on Kakko and Gusev?

Wish I read this sooner just posted a similar post on kakko but I am seriously considering dropping him. Already dropped gusev. Both have done absolutely itching this far

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That's my thoughts. I feel like one of them though may break out eventually and I'm leaning on that being Gusev especially with Halls injury history but at the moment Gusev is extremely bad being on the third line at times.

Dobber Sports Sage

It does depend who else is available but in a shallow one year league they should generally both be droppable. Even though it's still early, deployment is key and they aren't getting it. Generally in shallow leagues (one year or limited keeper) fringe players that you took a swing at in the draft should be on a short leash. They either get the Prime deployment and capitalize or they don't and you move on to guys on the wire that are getting it. It's a fine line because there are cases where one needs to be patient but I'm good letting either of these guys go for a better option

Just keep an eye on them to see if deployment changes. I dropped gusev two weeks ago and no one has touched him, his deployment has gotten worse since the drop.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That's a good point MZac. I also like to stream as a strategy anyway so it could open things up for me. I just had high hopes for them Gusev especially.