Thread: Drop Dub or Halak for Kosk

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Drop Dub or Halak for Kosk

Own dubny, halak and rask in a 12 team h2h pts keeper league.

Worth dropping any of them for Koskinen. Need W GAA SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Drop Dub or Halak for Kosk

Edmonton is not supposed to be winning and Koskinen has split 50/50 with Smith so far. To me having Rask + Halak makes Halak more valuable than just Halak by himself. Not only do you get 100% of the Boston games, but you now have an injury to Rask covered. I don't even consider dropping Rask or Halak here.

So now the question is whether or not to drop Dubnyk. This is a tough one. Dubnyk right now is the undisputed starter, but he has lost every game he played and has given up 3+ goals in every outing. To make things worse, his backup posted a shutout and a win in the only start he had. Dubnyk has just been terrible.

I would probably hold onto Dubnyk for 3-4 more games to see what happens. If he gets to 8+ games and is still terrible, then I make the move.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depending on how deep the wire is, I'd be willing to drop Dubnyk for Koskinen or even a skater. Dubnyk is simply unstartable right now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Depending on how deep the wire is, I'd be willing to drop Dubnyk for Koskinen or even a skater. Dubnyk is simply unstartable right now.
    The problem is, when Dubnyk becomes startable, somebody will scoop him up. And the OP could be left holding a back up. I'd preach patience in this situation.