Thread: A tandem for Bishop? Make sense or a Raanta Rook to Queen 4??

The Great One

Default A tandem for Bishop? Make sense or a Raanta Rook to Queen 4??

Can a mod delete this?

I had a brain fart- a lot of gms in my league read this- and its not really fair to be printing what another gm told me in confidence...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: A tandem for Bishop? Make sense or a Raanta Rook to Queen 4??

Seems like a lot of spare parts to land a stud starting G & a a #1C on his team.
    If this is on the table, this is a mash accept for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Seems like a lot of spare parts to land a stud starting G & a a #1C on his team.
    If this is on the table, this is a mash accept for me.
    The Larsson thing is a throw in/wheel grease because hesd asked about him a few times- weve got a good trade rapport- and even though i think it helps both of us- it helps me in ther shorter term so Im ok with a throw in. The thinking is he hasnt been competetive since 2ish years ago and probably wont be this year- so if youre looking at it for next year I think it looks a lot better. Saros especially is almost surely a 1a if not the clearcut starter by that point. Theres a very good chance Raanta is as well. I think Gourde is a reasonable facsimile of PLD on a bit lower scale but here again- theyre paying him like a topline asset so logic dictates that they'll either start deploying him like one or move him to a team that can. At that point I think he takes a meaningful step forward. Not a superstar but I would imagine pretty close to PLD- within 10ish points? So by year theres a good chance you could have two starers and an emerging topline winger. If he stands pat- Bishop is just another year older. The results help my side sooner than that- lol! I truly think its a win/win as long as hes ok waiting on the results and it sounds like hes invested in the long game.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    The Larsson thing is a throw in/wheel grease because hesd asked about him a few times- weve got a good trade rapport- and even though i think it helps both of us- it helps me in ther shorter term so Im ok with a throw in. The thinking is he hasnt been competetive since 2ish years ago and probably wont be this year- so if youre looking at it for next year I think it looks a lot better. Saros especially is almost surely a 1a if not the clearcut starter by that point. Theres a very good chance Raanta is as well. I think Gourde is a reasonable facsimile of PLD on a bit lower scale but here again- theyre paying him like a topline asset so logic dictates that they'll either start deploying him like one or move him to a team that can. At that point I think he takes a meaningful step forward. Not a superstar but I would imagine pretty close to PLD- within 10ish points? So by year theres a good chance you could have two starers and an emerging topline winger. If he stands pat- Bishop is just another year older. The results help my side sooner than that- lol! I truly think its a win/win as long as hes ok waiting on the results and it sounds like hes invested in the long game.
    one person's trash is another's treasure.

Don't get me wrong Saros' future is bright and yeah, he looks much better to a rebuilding team. You know the OGM the best and seems like ongoing talks. It's a good time to buy Bishop - with Dallas' slow start.

It's a good deal for you.

The Great One

one person's trash is another's treasure.

Don't get me wrong Saros' future is bright and yeah, he looks much better to a rebuilding team. You know the OGM the best and seems like ongoing talks. It's a good time to buy Bishop - with Dallas' slow start.

It's a good deal for you.
    Thanks mang- I think so too! I just feel like it helps both :P

On a different note- what is going on with Dallas?? Hintz seems fine- is there topline just taking awhile to wake up??

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Thanks mang- I think so too! I just feel like it helps both :P

On a different note- what is going on with Dallas?? Hintz seems fine- is there topline just taking awhile to wake up??
    It's everyone but Hintz asleep at the wheel. Peng had a nice post about Dallas in another thread.

Like any good team - they'll turn it around.

The Great One

It's everyone but Hintz asleep at the wheel. Peng had a nice post about Dallas in another thread.

Like any good team - they'll turn it around.
    Oh yea!! I forgot to mention cause it was an afterthought for me but in the light of a team focused on next year it might add weight. My Hischier for his Duchene. i know we all like Duchene in the short term but if Im re-building thats a meaningful swap. Nico can be divisive but Im on the pro side...