Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rittich On Wire

The Great One

Default Re: Rittich On Wire

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    This is one of those irrational things with Mikheyev. I'm a Leafs fans and he's been a revelation. It's so early but you can see some things with him that are special. The speed and reach immediately stand out when you watch him even for the first time. Smart guy. Works hard. I just have so much respect for a player who has talent who doesn't coast on it. I have this hope he'll end up on one of the PP units at some point. I want in now before it happens believing it will.

Big fan of Hronek but I believe he's the guy I could drop with the lowest chance of being claimed and it'll buy me more time to figure out the forward I want to drop so I could pick him back up.

When I look at who I'd want to let go that is very difficult for me. I don't want to "waste" a spot on a 2nd goalie. I've even toyed with dropping Andersen for Rittich considering the Leafs early defensive problems and FredEx's slow start. I trust Calgary to win more games especially with Tavares out for Toronto, but people who've played this awhile would consider that foolish to send Andersen to the wire.
    Well, you know your league best. If you aren't willing to drop Neal, even though the numbers suggest he will regress, and you don't want to drop Mikheyev because you think he has potential, then I'm not sure what to recommend to you. It seems like carrying a single goalie in a 10-team league with 22 player roster is risky, and quite frankly I don't even understand how you can compete with only one goalie without giving up most of the goalie categories each and every week (I assume).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Well, you know your league best. If you aren't willing to drop Neal, even though the numbers suggest he will regress, and you don't want to drop Mikheyev because you think he has potential, then I'm not sure what to recommend to you. It seems like carrying a single goalie in a 10-team league with 22 player roster is risky, and quite frankly I don't even understand how you can compete with only one goalie without giving up most of the goalie categories each and every week (I assume).
    I did a quick look at the all the goalies in my league. There's only 3 goalies who've given their team double-digits in points. The goalie with the highest point total, Hutton, (24) is just sitting there atop the wire. The guy I'm playing this week has gotten two 8 point shutouts and I'm up on him by 32 right now and the numbers are in my favor through Sunday night. Andersen has a whopping total of 2 points. Had I played him vs. Tampa he'd be a net -5 and and he's considered one of the top goalie owns.

Carrying one or no goalies may cost me on occasion, but it shouldn't hurt me overall too much especially if the extra skater I put out on non-full nights gets points.

- - - Updated - - -
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I did a quick look at the all the goalies in my league. There's only 3 goalies who've given their team double-digits in points. The goalie with the highest point total, Hutton, (24) is just sitting there atop the wire. The guy I'm playing this week has gotten two 8 point shutouts and I'm up on him by 32 right now and the numbers are in my favor through Sunday night. Andersen has a whopping total of 2 points. Had I played him vs. Tampa he'd be a net -5 and and he's considered one of the top goalie owns.

Carrying one or no goalies may cost me on occasion, but it shouldn't hurt me overall too much especially if the extra skater I put out on non-full nights gets points.

- - - Updated - - -
    That is a very unique league you have here with, from what I'm hearing, goalies being practically a liability. Sounds like you'd be best to just standpat with what you've got.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    That is a very unique league you have here with, from what I'm hearing, goalies being practically a liability. Sounds like you'd be best to just standpat with what you've got.
    Goalies are liabilities in this league. They can be helpful but more risk than reward per a post in the Zero Goalie Strategy thread. I ran Andersen and Varlamov on a night a week or so ago and I ended up a net -7 on the night. Zero goalie strategy sounded like a great idea to me. I decided to run one just because I like the Leafs and would be fun to see Andersen win and be a boon for my team. I may just drop him and run another skater. Sucks on Saturdays but that is two extra skaters most nights that can't get negative points like goalies.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***