Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rittich On Wire

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rittich On Wire

David Rittich has been sitting on the waiver wire for quite some time now. I don't know if that's because I picked him up and dropped him the same night, last week, and others in my league assume he's on my team, or if they've all hoarded so many goalies they have room for nobody else.

I'm running one goalie in my league where everyone is running two. Many are carrying three goalies and at least one guy is carrying 4.

Looking at my roster, is there anyone you would be gung ho to drop for Rittich? I'm not high on the scoring structure in my league for net minders but Rittich should be good for plenty of wins.

Appreciate the insight and comments.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Rittich On Wire

Drop Kadri or Mikheyev... Riitich should be owned. Calgary will win a good number of games.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Genius

Rittich is one of the top 5 fantasy goalie owns at the moment (subject to change, because goalies). I don’t care who you drop, pick Rittich up immediately.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd grab him, even with your zero goalie plan. It has to be a surplus forward, but you can try making a 2 for one offer to get a small upgrade somewhere.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Thanks for the replies. It is agonizing trying to figure out who to cut loose. I dropped Gusev for Mikheyev and now I'm trying to figure out if I should drop someone else to get Goose back and that's with running a goalie short already.

Would really love to grab Rittich before I go to sleep tonight, but pondering waiver claim for Gusev, or waiting to see if he ends up unclaimed so I can grab him back.

Might make two moves. Getting Goose back and adding Rittich. That means 2 drops and I don't want to drop one. These are the things I hate about fantasy. I need a league with huge benches.

I've been wanting to add Rittich for a few days now and am surprised he's still on wire. I know a guy in my league who seems to pick up all my drops has probably submitted a waiver on Goose and I'm debating whether I should try to box him out on this one. Same guy who offered me Coyle for Marner and Coyle for Petterson.

Sorry, for the wild ramblings off topic.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Rittich is one of the top 5 fantasy goalie owns at the moment (subject to change, because goalies). I don’t care who you drop, pick Rittich up immediately.
    Although I would suggest not dropping McDavid for Rittich.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would drop Kadri for Rittich.

Then I would agonize over Gusez vs Mikheyev over some cocktails.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

The Great One

I'd drop any of: Neal, Mikheyev, or Haula for Rittich. Not sure who "Cat" is, but maybe he's worth dropping too.

I wouldn't drop Kadri. He's on the top PP unit in Colorado and is gobbling up the mooch points. I can see him end up with 55 pts by season's end.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Neal would be my choice. His hot start has zero sustainability.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Neal would be my choice. His hot start has zero sustainability.
    completely agree
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Initiate

If this is not a keeper league, I would not consider claiming Gusev. Especially you already have Hughes (diversify your roster). Even for a keeper league, depending on format, Gusev will probably not make the cut.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'd drop any of: Neal, Mikheyev, or Haula for Rittich. Not sure who "Cat" is, but maybe he's worth dropping too.

I wouldn't drop Kadri. He's on the top PP unit in Colorado and is gobbling up the mooch points. I can see him end up with 55 pts by season's end.
    Wasn't able to pull the trigger before I fell asleep last night. Made'r to 330a, and saw Gusev go unclaimed and decided not to do anything at all. Rittich remains on wire this AM.

"Cat" is DeBrincat. I would've typed out his entire name but it made the Forwards in my sig drop to the line where my D is and I didn't like the look.

Kadri would be tough to drop as he is on PP1 playing bumper and has Burakovsy with him now on line 2. Slow start but his 8 fantasy points the other night are going to come more often as he gets comfortable in Colorado.

I resisted Gusev add. Nobody is going to grab him in my league. The guy who grabs all my leftovers finally dropped Charlie Coyle and he dropped him for Silfverberg.

Have been thinking about dropping Strome in Chicago just because I have DeBrincat...also Hintz with Dallas a mess, but with Benn reportedly being shopped I want to hold to see what happens in Dallas. Did consider Neal but hard to jump off a gravy train before the gravy is all gone.

The most likely choice is to dump Hronek and run 4D instead of 5 for short term. Hronek is hardly a point monster, although I love his shot and the fact he's top pairing and may end up on PP1 instead of 2. However, he's 7.7% owned on ESPN where I'm playing and I doubt anyone touches him until I figure out which F to drop. Just wish Hronek wasn't going tonight. Will wait until Hronek plays and then drop him for Rittich later tonight. I'm up 29 and have the numbers/schedule advantage the rest of the way but no lead is ever safe with Saturday looming.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

The Great One

I wouldn't drop Strome. If you don't want to drop Neal yet, then why not Mikheyev? I'd drop him before Hronek.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Padawan

For me, Neal or Mikheyev for Rittich would be quite a coup. I would hesitate on Kadri.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I wouldn't drop Strome. If you don't want to drop Neal yet, then why not Mikheyev? I'd drop him before Hronek.
    This is one of those irrational things with Mikheyev. I'm a Leafs fans and he's been a revelation. It's so early but you can see some things with him that are special. The speed and reach immediately stand out when you watch him even for the first time. Smart guy. Works hard. I just have so much respect for a player who has talent who doesn't coast on it. I have this hope he'll end up on one of the PP units at some point. I want in now before it happens believing it will.

Big fan of Hronek but I believe he's the guy I could drop with the lowest chance of being claimed and it'll buy me more time to figure out the forward I want to drop so I could pick him back up.

When I look at who I'd want to let go that is very difficult for me. I don't want to "waste" a spot on a 2nd goalie. I've even toyed with dropping Andersen for Rittich considering the Leafs early defensive problems and FredEx's slow start. I trust Calgary to win more games especially with Tavares out for Toronto, but people who've played this awhile would consider that foolish to send Andersen to the wire.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3