Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sell high Olofsson?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sell high Olofsson?

There is an owner who offered me a first rounder for this guy. The league is a dynasty league, so mostly we draft from the entry draft pool, and the pick could be a high first rounder. Is Victor Olofsson legit or is he a typical sell high? I'm hesitating to sell him.

What's your opinion on him? Is he a 30-30 guy? Or more?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Sell high Olofsson?

I'd do it for a first pick.
    Olofsson is max a 60pts in my eyes and he is very useful to the PP, but for me he is a beneficiary of having the best opportunities. My own guess is that he's Connor Sheary 2.0
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't make this deal if it likely hurt my prospects for a championship this year but if I thought I could still compete (or if you are already rebuilding) and the pick is likely to be a high one then I think this is a very decent trade

Dobber Sports Stud

Totally agree with Pat (above). Your circumstance for this year dictates this. It’s early, so sure - everybody thinks their team can win, but be realistic. And the “high first pick” — do you mean your trading partner’s team isn’t playoff caliber, and this trade isn’t going to change that?

I personally don’t make this trade in week 2.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by cheese_cake View Post
    I'd do it for a first pick.
    Olofsson is max a 60pts in my eyes and he is very useful to the PP, but for me he is a beneficiary of having the best opportunities. My own guess is that he's Connor Sheary 2.0
    This is so far off its crazy. Not trying to be rude- but pedigree, playstyle- I mean just watching the two. Sheary has basically overachieved wherver hes went but managed to mesh with stars. thats not Goalofsson.

He was drafted late as a project. he developed well and dominated in Europe. Then the issue was coming to NA and playing on a msaller ice surface- he dominated to the tune of a ppg in the AHL. the spot was up for grabs in the off-season and he dominated training camp and pre-season. If you read Buffalo fans reviews- hes got a shot that rivals the best wristers in the league. Hes 25/50 easy this year- probably 30/30, with upside. id say in his prime he'll be a 30 goal scorer that has the ability to threaten 40- we'll see how his playmaking develops. Hes a playdriver who is currently benefitting by playing with Eichel but capable of driving his own line eventually.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If "high" is a top 3 pick, sure. If "high" is less than that, no.

Really need to know # of teams, and format stuff, but an average 1st round pick will turn into a 60 point player some of the time. You want someone with a shot to be a superstar to give him up, and outside of the top 3, it's not happening. You are going to improve his team this year, and there's no reason to do it now for a very much unknown pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCally View Post
    There is an owner who offered me a first rounder for this guy. The league is a dynasty league, so mostly we draft from the entry draft pool, and the pick could be a high first rounder. Is Victor Olofsson legit or is he a typical sell high? I'm hesitating to sell him.

What's your opinion on him? Is he a 30-30 guy? Or more?
    Dont- all his values going to do is climb. Think of him like Elias Lindholm. I held Elias forever- then I finally moved him for a marginal (but positionally important) return right before his trade. After the dust settles on a breakout season all the pundits/experts/podcasters re-evaluate these guys and put them in the correct tiers. Pools can be very lemming-like and a lot of people will be dubious until Dobber and the like tell them "No Olofsson always had this upside and now that hes done it we can say on the record that hes this type of player. A goal-heavy 55-60 probably helps in your league and by next year youll be able to trade topline assets for him if you still even want to move him.

The Great One

Unless it is a guaranteed top 3 pick for next year's entry draft, I wouldn't even remotely consider dealing Olofsson.

Any player you'd get beyond the top three is just as much a gamble, if not more so, than Olofsson. I mean, what's not to like about him right now? He's succeeded at the AHL level and is playing extremely well at the NHL level. He is getting top line and top PP minutes with Eichel, and together they are on fire right now. You could only dream that a player from next year's entry draft ends up as good as Olofsson in a few years. Doesn't make much sense to me.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sending out many offers on Vic. He's the strongest "sell high" I've seen in years.
    Good player, but if I can flip him into a proven top 50 forward who isn't too old... done deal.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Sending out many offers on Vic. He's the strongest "sell high" I've seen in years.
    Good player, but if I can flip him into a proven top 50 forward who isn't too old... done deal.
    that's a good idea, if you can get a top 50 forward for him. Nothing wrong with that.

Big difference between a top 50 forward and an entry pick between 4 and 10.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    that's a good idea, if you can get a top 50 forward for him. Nothing wrong with that.

Big difference between a top 50 forward and an entry pick between 4 and 10.
    Yes, I'd be very reluctant to trade Olofsson for any draft pick. If I can upgrade him to something proven, terrific. But otherwise, he's staying put on my roster.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm pretty sure his team won't make the playoff, his skaters are bad, however he has a good no1 goalie. He had a bottom6 team last year too. Btw it's a 20 team league. I have a solid, but not great roster and I don't think I can win this year. There are at least 4 other pretty stacked team out there, which on paper I can't beat for sure. I think the pick will be top8 with a chance to win the lottery. Maybe I should wait and see.

Dobber Sports Icon

I managed to sell high - snagged Kuznetsov for him a couple days ago.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I managed to sell high - snagged Kuznetsov for him a couple days ago.
    I’d say this is a good deal. Like everyone else said though, I would want a proven commodity, not a pick.

Chances are you got olafsson late in the draft or in free agency, so already he has increased his value from where you got him. Don’t risk losing that value you have gained on a draft pick.

The Great One

Well yeah no sh!t - top 50 of course- but lots of these guys here hear sell high and they flip for stastny lol! If you can get top 50 then yes do it- but don't take a neal/kovalchuk. He'll be a legit 30/30 guy with upside by next year.