Thread: Mikheyev for Galchenyuk?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Mikheyev for Galchenyuk?

Team in sig.

Leafs fan has offered me Galchenyuk and a 5th for Mikheyev and a 10th. I haven't watched any Leafs games - is Mikheyev the real deal or would Galchenyuk and him be a wash? Mikheyev is a rookie but only useful if I send down before 25gp (such that I can call up next season). The 5th for 10th is a solid swap - rd5 had Krejci, Bertuzzi, Tuch, Halak, Schwartz, Pulock, Dzingel, Tatar etc. Rd10 had Foligno, Slavin, Craig Smith, Schmidt, Chytil, Carter, etc.
    11 teams, 10 keepers (1 D minimum) + 40 rookies <100gp (can move up/down to rookie roster up to 25gp), points only (1pt g/a, 2pt win, 3pt SO)
    4C/4LW/4RW/6D/2G + 6 bench

C: Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Aho, Couturier, Nelson (LW), Dvorak (LW)
    LW: Panarin, Marchand, Tatar (RW), Schwartz, Rust (RW)
    RW: Pastrnak, Radulov (LW), Smith, Duclair (LW)
    D: Burns, Giordano, Chabot, Petry, Theodore, Suter, Weber, Werenski
    G: Bishop, Fleury, Rinne
    IR: Atkinson

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Mikheyev for Galchenyuk?

This is really an intriguing deal.

There's legit upside with Galchenyuk in Pitts. 60pt pace potential in that top 6.
    But will he really get there? Big question.

Mikheyev I love. He's a coaches dream. really good everywhere & heavy on the puck and down low. He does everything, grinds, dangles, cycles, backchecks, fore-checks. he's kind of like a slimer, faster Komarov, but with real hands.

As of right now, he's locked on that 3rd line with Kerfoot. Kapanen just got demoted to that line and Moore moved up. That's a helluva 3rd line - Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen.

There's talk about Hyman's return and what will happen to that line up. I feel pretty confident that Mikheyev is safe and there will be a shuffle of Moore/Kapanen somehow. One will end up on the 4th line. Ultimately, I see a Kapanen trade at some point. Moore is making him expendable.

The wild card with Mikheyev is really Andreas Johnsson. Injury, slump, or poor play and I can see Babcock swapping Mik onto the Matthews-Nylander line.

that 3rd line has 50+pt potential - each. If Babs moves Mikheyev up in the line up... he could bump to 60+ potential.

I would gently decline the deal.. tell the OGM you need to see where Galchenyuk lines up and performs in Pitts before making this decision. When really you're buying yourself time to see what type of deployment Mikheyev receives in the coming weeks.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4