Thread: Are these goalies considered starters? Are they better than Lundqvist?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Are these goalies considered starters? Are they better than Lundqvist?

On the waiver wire:

- Greiss
    - Crawford
    - Howard/Bernier
    - Schneider/Blackwood

...which of those goalies are considered “starters” and are any better fantasy owns over Lundqvist?
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Are these goalies considered starters? Are they better than Lundqvist?

Howard and Schneider are considered starters. But I'd still take none of the 4 (or is that 6?) over Lundqvist at this point.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Are these goalies considered starters? Are they better than Lundqvist?

Griess
    Crawford

that order...
    I wouldn't want any of the others
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rather conflicting replies..
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm still thinking NJ pulls out of this nose dive.
    Team seems like it has too much talent for them to continue to lose.
    Schneider
    Greiss
    Crawford
    Blackwood

Dobber Sports Jedi

take a look at Griess's numbers over the last two season.
    He's as solid as they come. He just isn't trusted in a #1 role - for whatever reason...
    Add in Varly's volatility & IR potential I suspect he'll end up with 50ish starts - Isle's were a playoff team last year. No one else on this list was.

Crawford hasn't been great - Lehner will chew into that playing time.

even if NJ pulls out of their nose dive. Schneider has to pull out of his own - that's two nose dives that need to be corrected, not one.
    Blackwood - unlike others on Dobber, I don't think he's close to the answer in net for NJ or any other team. I suspect their next real #1 goalie won't be either of these guys.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Crawford & Howard I would say are considered the 1A goalies for there teams. Greiss would be the 1B. They would be the only ones I would consider options over Lundqvist. Schneider has been absolutely horrible.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I missed Howard & Bernier... (or did I?)
    Howard is old. He also plays for a lottery team.
    Bernier... is still Bernier.

Lundy... Panarin & Trouba are nice, but two nice pieces - does not make team

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I agree Blackwood is at the bottom of the list. My contention is we're only something like 5-6 games into the season and you're looking for the best goalie " going forward" not just what happened over the last 2 weeks.
    Last year the Blues were horrible until at least Jan 1st along with their goaltending. NJ can turn it around also, maybe wont be the Blues but pieces are in place to go on a run and win some games.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

- Greiss - tandem goalie
    - Crawford - starter, for now
    - Howard/Bernier - starter and his backup
    - Schneider/Blackwood - starter and his backup, for now

I view shutouts as pretty random, so not focusing on that. You don't have GAA or SV%, but rather 4 saves = 1 goal allowed, which means goalies with a save percentage over 80% generate points, basically every goalie.

This is a rare format where Greiss is devalued a bit. He gets more starts than a normal backup, and is likely to play 35-45 games, depending on injuries. But, the Islanders suppress shots. However, they did lead the league in shutouts last year, so maybe he gets shutouts at a slightly increased rate, but still hard to count on it.

Howard, Crawford & Schneider are their teams starters right now. Chicago has a very capable guy in Lehner to be part of a tandem if it goes that way, which I think could happen easily. Blackwood is less proven, and more of a wild card. Bernier is a backup and unlikely to be more than that.

I have them:

Crawford/Greiss
    Howard/Lundqvist
    Schneider
    (gap)
    Blackwood/Bernier
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.