Thread: Pick a Side

The Great One

Default Pick a Side

So Ill post the scoring and my team for context:

Forwards: G4, A2, Sogs1, +/-1, Special Teams +1, Pim0.25
    Defense:G4, A2, +/-3, Sogs1, Pim/Hit/Block0.25, Special teams+1
    Goalies: W6, SO3,Sv0.3, L-2,GA-1,G4, A2
    * The bigthing to note is that Dmen get a huge bonus for +/- and get a small bonus for hits/blocks that forwards dont get at all.
    ** Its weekly hth- lineups are set once and then locked for the week. We start 2C, 3W and 1 Flex Forward that can be either. We start 4 D, 1G, and then 1 Defensive Flex that can be either. Goalies count for a lot so i typically try to start 2.

Side A: Hischier, Saros
    Side B: Hutton, Pesce

My Team:

C- Kadri, Staal, Texier OR Hischier
    W- Marchessault, Gusev, Hornqvist
    D- Burns, Letang, Risto, Hronek
    G- Murray Saros OR Hutton
    Bn- Malkin (No IR), Gourde, Kovalchuk, Marleau, Lehkonen, Hanifin, Weegar, Pesce Raanta, Nilsson
    Prospects- Dach, McLeod, Rubstov, Ho-Sang, Larsson, Juulsen

Ill say my piece and the side I took after. i already pressed accept which I dont normally do unless I post on dobber first- but I had a team need and I felt comfortable filling it. Would be interested to hear the consensus though...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Pick a Side

I am inclined to say Side B is the way to go. Something just doesn't seem right with Saros right now and Hutton seems to be riding a hot streak. Hischier is currently dealing with some sort of undisclosed injury and Brett Pesce is off to a pretty good start.

Dobber Sports Jedi

have to say side A.

Saros & Hutton are close
    but give me the upside of Hischier here.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

agree
    H2H 14 team, 19-man roster, limited keeper (draft round matters). G / A / P / PPP / PIM / FW / BS // W / SV / GAA. My greatest wish: that Yahoo would offer DEF as a category.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Side A for me as well.

I think if this postwould be reposted one year from now, this would not even be an question. (Hischer and Saros will crush the two others)
    14 Team Fantrax, G, A, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, Hit, Blk, FO%, GWG+ShGWG, W, L, SV, SV%, SHO
    Max Total Players: 31
    Min Active Players: 0
    Max Active Players: 17
    Max Reserve Players: 4
    Max Injury Reserve Players: 3
    Max Minor League Players: 15

C- MacKinnon, Seguin (RW), Bergeron, Kuznetsov, Hayes
    LW- Gaudreau, A Lee, Domi (LW), Olofsson (RW)
    RW- P Kane, T Wilson, Dadonov (LW), M Tkachuk (LW)
    D- Hedman, Carlson, Doughty, Spurgeon, Girard

G-Vasilevskiy, Varlamov, Stalock

Farm:
    F Hallander, G Denisenko, J Kuokkanen, C Garland, S Noel, A Barre-Boulet, J Marino, C Delia, J Korenar, D Tarasov, U-P Luukkonen, A Werner, J Annunen

The Great One

Ok thanks guys- rep coming!

I took side A- based on my need for a center. We start 2 but with a flew forward option at W or C- so the plan is to roll Kadri/Hischier for now with an extra winger (Gourde) and then roll all three when Malkin is healthy. Im also trying to move Raanta plus for a guy who gets more voluminous starts. I had an intriguing offer where I was thinking of sending Saros and Raanta for Bishop. I dont think his squads a playoff team and in a keep 8 he could hypothetically keep both and have two legit starters (if they break right) instead of BB at another year older. The issue is- who wants to make that type of trade in week 3? Lol- so we'll see maybe something to visit at the deadline.

Im pretty stoked Ive added Malkin and Hischier to a group that barely had a keeper C in it (E Staal)- lol!

Last point- I feel like Hronek is legit this year and Im getting more and more comfortable with the idea of a 30ish point Weegar (top pairing with EkBlad now!!) so I can maybe use Hanifin to fill a hole on the wing or more ideally as a second starter although acquiring goalies requires a certain kind of magic in this league (sais the guy who JUST traded Hutton- hahaha!). Thanks for the input guys...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You took side A from your signature, because you bolded Texier which you don't bold unless he's a corresponding move.

I agree to take side A, but I'm not sure Texier is my drop.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You took side A from your signature, because you bolded Texier which you don't bold unless he's a corresponding move.

I agree to take side A, but I'm not sure Texier is my drop.
    Oh I bolded the guys who were involved/impacted in the trade. Texier is an active C (not ideal quite yet) if I hadnt acquired Hischier. Also I dont have a drop- its a 2 for 2. Texier just goes to my bench unless its a week where he maybe gets 4 starts and kadri/Hischier had 1 or 2. I must have presented it unclearly.

The trade was Hischier/Saros for my Hutton/Pesce.

On a sidenote Pesce is really looking not too shabby- lol! Our league counts Dmen +/- at plus or minus three and hes generally fairly good there. If he can climb into the 35-40 point range he becomes a very servicable3/4 dman. No regrets still- Im looking at Hutton for Hischier and Ill do a servicable dman for Saros- Im good wit dat!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Oh I bolded the guys who were involved/impacted in the trade. Texier is an active C (not ideal quite yet) if I hadnt acquired Hischier. Also I dont have a drop- its a 2 for 2. Texier just goes to my bench unless its a week where he maybe gets 4 starts and kadri/Hischier had 1 or 2. I must have presented it unclearly.

The trade was Hischier/Saros for my Hutton/Pesce.

On a sidenote Pesce is really looking not too shabby- lol! Our league counts Dmen +/- at plus or minus three and hes generally fairly good there. If he can climb into the 35-40 point range he becomes a very servicable3/4 dman. No regrets still- Im looking at Hutton for Hischier and Ill do a servicable dman for Saros- Im good wit dat!!
    No, it was clear to me that Texier, who was not specifically in the trade was impacted, along with Hischier, therefore I figured you got the Hischier side just from that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.