Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Funniest/Worst Trade Offer You've Ever Received?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Funniest/Worst Trade Offer You've Ever Received?

I have been playing in the same 30 (31) team dynasty league for the past 2 decades (we are literally in our 20th season right now). Over that time I have made and received a lot of trade offers. The league counts a lot of stats so defensive dmen have lots of value.

Here is the worst one I have ever received. It was about 3 years ago.

From my team: Hampus Lindholm and Logan Couture
    To my team: Nick Cousins, Brandon Pirri, Patrick Nemeth, Brendan Kichton, Justin Bailey

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've had a few stinkers in one league

I have RNH, who has been surprisingly good in our league the last couple seasons. Guy notices and makes me an offer

My RNH for his Tanner Pearson and Adam Larsson

refused it because I am not a big believer in either of those guys. He comes back with

My RNH for his Ho-Sang and Cogliano

refused it. I mean what even is this? His comes back with

My RNH for his Zack Smith and Perlini

Buddy are you trying to get my player or not?

Another one that went kinda funny (not a terrible offer I suppose) was when I kicked the tires on Kovalchuk before the start of the season. I am in a rebuild and need to meet the "minimum games played" requirement, so needed warm bodies and figured Kovalchuk with his cap hit and last year's results would be cheap. GM doesn't even have him on his active roster too! So I offer a prospect I'm not that attached to. He counters twice, for other prospects I am attached to for some reason (and maybe shouldn't be). I turn it down cuz while those counters aren't unreasonable, I don't really feel like moving young guys like that in a rebuild is necessarily the way to get this rebuild done.

Fast forward a few days, the Kovalchuk GM has done another trade, and taken on more players than he gave up. He drops Kovalchuk outright! I snag him right away, getting my warm body, who is a point a game player through the first 6 games and trying to ruin my tank.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chuck are you in my league? Should I be shutting up?
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Immortal

I don't remember them because I hit decline and move on. Hate when people respond to trade offers they find unfair with their own offer that is usually your best player for their worst.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I don't remember them because I hit decline and move on. Hate when people respond to trade offers they find unfair with their own offer that is usually your best player for their worst.
    Yea I did that a few times early on in my pooling career- but its funny when you make a noob a decent offer and they somehow interpret it as a crazy lowball- lol! That just happened to me. He included a message laughing and saying the classic "what did you think Id hit by accident- lol lol lol!". The funniest part was that a veteran owner took the offer (with better players coming my way imho)- so Im wondering how he felt when he looked at the trade and realized- "oh dang- maybe there was something to that offer?"- lol! I got the last lol- I always due- hehehe...