Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Funniest/Worst Trade Offer You've Ever Received?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Funniest/Worst Trade Offer You've Ever Received?

My first ever offer was his Charlie Coyle for my Mitch Marner. I wrote out a nice little slam post in return with a ridiculous offer in return but decided not to send it because I wanted to keep up the appearance that I might be that stupid and he has Quinn Hughes, whom I want. I just hit DECLINE and moved on.

Today, that same guy offered me Charlie Coyle, again, for Elias Petterson. I couldn't help myself so I countered with Kevin Shattenkirk for Auston Matthews.

I should've just left it alone because he has Quinn Hughes and I've been thinking of making a legit offer to him for Hughes but I couldn't resist making an insulting offer back after receiving two from him.

What's the worst you've ever seen and did you ultimately end up making a legitimate deal with that person?
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Administrator

Default Re: Funniest/Worst Trade Offer You've Ever Received?

Funniest one I ever received was so lopsided in my favor it won me the pool. Back in 2015, Yahoo standard setup with some changes. I know PIM/hits/blocks were in. Other GM was a massive Bruins fan. This offer happened Nov 11 2014.

His Rick Nash, Shea Weber
    For my David Krejci, Torey Krug

My first thought was to check the news because I was sure there was a catch here. Nash or Weber must have been shot, right? As soon as I figured out nothing was out of the ordinary I immediately clicked accept and won the pool. Nash finished with 42 goals and Weber was... Weber.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Nah- those are bad- the Shattenkirk offer shouldnt "offend" him- it just serves notice- like "stahp f@cking around"- lol!

Who are you thinking of offering for Hughes? I was thinking of guys to reccomend but Im not really sure- lol! i thought Gusev but his trade value is not ideal. I thought Hronek but hes been fine and has bust out potential as well- lol! Curious who youre thinking...

It might not be the worst but considering where it came from it was pretty ridiculous- lol! So first I made an offer including a dman (and a 2 for 1) and the guy fires back that hes never traded for a dman in the history of the league and that basically my 2 for 1 offers are laughable. Hes not totally wrong so I let it slide. Then I send a Ziba/skinner for Kucherov/Kreider offer- which is kind of like a 2 for 1 but sneakier- lol! he calls me out again and this time its because he sold low on Ziba to me- so again i thought "ok fair enough- I can appreciate that". Last straw- i send an offer for his Ehlers/Hischier for Skinner/Texier- its not great but in my defense Skinner is by far the best asset involved because we bias sogs to a ridiculous degree (g4, a3, sog0.5)- he calls me out again and we have a somehwat contentious background but on my side at least its generally in good fun (Im assuming his side too). So i FINALLY say "ok man- you know who I like on your team- send me an offer"...

Vasilevskiy/Olofsson
    For
    Lundqvist/Ehlers

Not a joke offer- lol! After catching sh!t multiple times for deals that were at least ballpark albeit favored towards my side a bit- he sends that- lmao!!

Administrator

I've received tons of bad ones in addition to the one I listed. People are always trying to help themselves at your expense. It's really not worth it to make a big deal about it, because different people see things differently. They might believe it's more even than you do. It's easy to just say no thanks and move on with life.

The only thing I find annoying is when someone sends me a garbage offer, they know it's a garbage offer and they keep spamming slight variations of the same garbage offer. I've noticed this a lot in keeper/dynasty leagues as they age.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Who are you thinking of offering for Hughes? I was thinking of guys to reccomend but Im not really sure- lol! i thought Gusev but his trade value is not ideal. I thought Hronek but hes been fine and has bust out potential as well- lol! Curious who youre thinking...
    I was thinking James Neal right after I plucked him from the waiver wire...but all he does is ramp up my daily and weekly total. I realize it isn't sustainable. The longer he does it the less I want to let him go, but I need to bail before it's too late. So, I've been wavering on sending him Neal. He's loaded at D and doesn't even have him in his lineup tonight with his 5 D spots full plus a D in his Utility spot. He has 6 D going tonight and Hughes on the Bench. He has guys like Subban, Dahlin and Makar. He won't miss Hughes at all. Now, like you said, it is hard looking at my roster minus the D I have and thinking about which forward I want to move for him.

Jack Hughes is centering the top line tonight with the injury to Hischier. I want to hold on him. I saw him muff one he should've easily tucked in vs. FLA. Just one goes and the monkey slides down his back a little. So, no Hughes for Hughes. Gusev is someone I thought of offering. He's loaded at D but his forwards aren't weak on the whole. He needs scoring there badly. That's why he wants Marner and Petterson for diddly. Gusev has put two in and there's no question he can play. I may offer him just because he can score and he doesn't need Hughes at all. I considered Strome, also...Anders Lee, as well.

Will update later.

Thanks for the great shares so far. This is some of the best parts of playing fantasy of any sport. Some of the trade offers are just classic and they need to be talked about so everyone can enjoy them.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Jedi

Funniest would probably be today.

Cap pool.

I had offered
    A. Lee & Sikura
    for
    Marchesseault

I received this counter:

A. Lee & V. Dunn
    for
    DeMelo

Roster drop: Marchesseault.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

got offered lias anderson for dahlin and a 4th. must of thought i had a huge rangers bias.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    got offered lias anderson for dahlin and a 4th. must of thought i had a huge rangers bias.
    well... you do..
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

i got offer Dahlin and Laine for Mcdavid Eichel and Pasternak.... just few weeks ago...im sure i got others but this one is pretty good
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dmitry Orlov for Tomas Hertl last year.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Sage

Got offered Gustafsson for McDavid straight up this year. Usually I'm pretty happy to receive any offer. I just declined.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

I've got a pile of bad ones but the one that made me the most frustrated has to be Wheeler for Barzal. Barzal hadn't played his rookie year yet and the offer was like 2 weeks after the draft where I drafted Wheeler a solid 150 spots before Barzal. The GM left the pool not long after and we then discovered he was also kicked out of a long running pool one of our GMs was in a few years prior.

I've also seen a deal that was minutes after the draft where one GM moved all his picks for two years for the players 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round selections in the inaugural draft. That GM walked over the league if I remember correctly and it was hands down one of the worst trades I had ever seen in a pool (the picks were prospect picks only).

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by DzingelBarries View Post
    I was thinking James Neal right after I plucked him from the waiver wire...but all he does is ramp up my daily and weekly total. I realize it isn't sustainable. The longer he does it the less I want to let him go, but I need to bail before it's too late. So, I've been wavering on sending him Neal. He's loaded at D and doesn't even have him in his lineup tonight with his 5 D spots full plus a D in his Utility spot. He has 6 D going tonight and Hughes on the Bench. He has guys like Subban, Dahlin and Makar. He won't miss Hughes at all. Now, like you said, it is hard looking at my roster minus the D I have and thinking about which forward I want to move for him.

Jack Hughes is centering the top line tonight with the injury to Hischier. I want to hold on him. I saw him muff one he should've easily tucked in vs. FLA. Just one goes and the monkey slides down his back a little. So, no Hughes for Hughes. Gusev is someone I thought of offering. He's loaded at D but his forwards aren't weak on the whole. He needs scoring there badly. That's why he wants Marner and Petterson for diddly. Gusev has put two in and there's no question he can play. I may offer him just because he can score and he doesn't need Hughes at all. I considered Strome, also...Anders Lee, as well.

Will update later.

Thanks for the great shares so far. This is some of the best parts of playing fantasy of any sport. Some of the trade offers are just classic and they need to be talked about so everyone can enjoy them.
    So looking again without D...

Gusev works but like I said his perceived value is not ideal. Also I own him and the concern with aplayer like that is- eventually something might just "click"- wether its ice size, or language barriers, or a systems thing- (maybe consistent linemates!?) and then all of a sudden- boom- youve got a 70 point player- lol! I think Id still do that for Hughes though and my understanding is that itll be an assist-heavy 70 if he gets there which isnt perfect with your format. Lee makes sense- low ceiling- but I just love his floor with the goal and sog production- underrated imo. Also his name is very "meh" so you might do damage to the talks if you throw that one out. Ehlers is a divisive player- scintillating to watch- exciting BUT I think there is a glass ceiling there as Laine has demanded that topline role and the pp is going to be crowded as well. He might be a guy that you dont necessarily want to move but gets it done. last angle Im thinking is Id easily do Haula. Hes the right mix of producing "right now" and his production being "new" enough that were curious about his upside- these types of factors I feel tend to improve trade value.

So Id pitch Haula- maybe Haula plus. If that doesnt pan out- try feeling out the reaction Gusev gets and as alst effort consider the Ehlers pitch. I feel like thats a win/win. Dont forget- as stacked as he is at D- this is Quinn Hughes- hes very exciting for poolies- no ones going to give him away for pennies on the dollar. Thats the way Id play it anyhow...

Wow, that's the type of GM hoping you hit "accept" by accident. I'd just keep auto-declining them no problem each time. In my NBA pool, I got SPAMMED daily by a GM 3-5 times a day with same shitty offers and I sent him one so awful like "here's bench for Anthony Davis" and he was like "how dare you" haha, some GM's are only about wanting to trade rape but get so offended if you try the reverse

laugh and move on haha
    1 Year Yahoo H2H weekly, 12 teams...top 8 make fantasy playoffs

Goals/Assists/PlusMinus/PPP/Hits/Shots
    Wins/GAA/SV%

C (play 3): Seguin (W), Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins (W), Staal (MIN), Trocheck
    W (play 6): Hall, DeBrincat, Kreider, Zucker, Neal, Olofsson, Nyquist
    D (play 4): Josi, Suter, Ristolainen, Klefbom, Hronek
    G (play 2, minimum 3 appearances): Fleury, Murray, Halak
    IR+: Drouin (W)

Dobber Sports Stud

Poehling and Parayko for Mackinnon
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama