Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trading Sidney Crosby for Rantanen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading Sidney Crosby for Rantanen

I would like to try and move Sidney Crosby, but really there are limited trades for him unless I get multiple players in return and then I would have to figure out a player to drop and I really don't want to drop anyone. So I am in a league that keeps 5 players(4 skaters and 1 goalie). My goalie keeper is set at Vasi and my skaters are Mackinnon, Hedman, Ehlers, Landeskog, Crosby. So I know Crosby has more value than Rantanen, but for how much longer? It would also give me the entire top line of Colorado as keepers for next season. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. Is this a good offer or not?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Trading Sidney Crosby for Rantanen

Not even close. There are still only a handful of players I am trading Crosby for and Rants isn't one of them. Ehlers is a very weak last keeper. So if I am moving Crosby I am looking for a two for one. For instance I would want Rantanten + Someone similar or just below his level.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Crosby is worth more than just Rants.
    As per above from Canucks_fan. I agree with him.
    Though will add to that if you cannot get another player. Ask for a draft pick; somethin within you first 3 rounds of picks
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Crosby is worth more than just Rants.
    As per above from Canucks_fan. I agree with him.
    Though will add to that if you cannot get another player. Ask for a draft pick; somethin within you first 3 rounds of picks
    I didn't think of that. Thanks for that idea.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the idea to get a RW keeper for Crosby, but I'd prefer not to keep an entire line in a format where teammates don't get a bump in value. It's reasonable, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I like the idea to get a RW keeper for Crosby, but I'd prefer not to keep an entire line in a format where teammates don't get a bump in value. It's reasonable, though.
    I also like the much younger player, but I am also concerned with having Mackinnon, Landeskog, and Rantanen. I may entertain this again later in the season.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Your best bet is move Crosby + Ehlers for Rants + someone more valuable than Ehlers.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Another thought: Could you get Ovechkin?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Your best bet is move Crosby + Ehlers for Rants + someone more valuable than Ehlers.
    Ehlers is off to a good start so owners just might be intrigued by him. I will take a glance at the rest of the roster of the team that Rantanen is on.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Another thought: Could you get Ovechkin?
    I would love to. The owner who has had OV has had him since the league has started. I am not sure. I can always try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Meatball View Post
    I didn't think of that. Thanks for that idea.
    Anytime.
    Though should you go after picks. Start with asking for that 1st & 2nd round pick
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Anytime.
    Though should you go after picks. Start with asking for that 1st & 2nd round pick
    Do you suspect the owner to significantly lower that and if so to what extent? I would want at least a 1st round in return though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

The 1st round pick is a given. They can't include that, then the trade talk should stop.

If the sticking point becomes that 2nd round pick. See about making it a 2nd round pick for the year after. So 1st in 2020 and 2nd in 2021. Sell it so they don't lose out on 1st & 2nd round picks in the same draft year.
    Should this owner put up a stink about trading a 1st & 2nd round pick. My last option would be to still get that 1st round. But then ask for either 2 x 3rd round picks or a 3rd pick this year and a 4th round pick next year.

Hopefully that is the extent of how low the other owner goes. But if I am you; I keep to my guns about it being a 1st round and 2nd round pick + Rants for Crosby.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The 1st round pick is a given. They can't include that, then the trade talk should stop.

If the sticking point becomes that 2nd round pick. See about making it a 2nd round pick for the year after. So 1st in 2020 and 2nd in 2021. Sell it so they don't lose out on 1st & 2nd round picks in the same draft year.
    Should this owner put up a stink about trading a 1st & 2nd round pick. My last option would be to still get that 1st round. But then ask for either 2 x 3rd round picks or a 3rd pick this year and a 4th round pick next year.

Hopefully that is the extent of how low the other owner goes. But if I am you; I keep to my guns about it being a 1st round and 2nd round pick + Rants for Crosby.
    For some reason this season owners don't want to trade this early. I can somewhat understand that. I will hold off until later in the season. It certainly isn't like Crosby is hurting my team or anything.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Swedish Meatball View Post
    For some reason this season owners don't want to trade this early. I can somewhat understand that. I will hold off until later in the season. It certainly isn't like Crosby is hurting my team or anything.
    Keep Sid...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4