Thread: Petterson for Benn

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Petterson for Benn

is this a worthy trade? I know I lose hits with benn but I need goals my team is alittle assist heavy.
    14 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 4 Bench
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits,
    W, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Petterson for Benn

you can get hits off the wire... I take this deal
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Yes, in a vacuum I want pettersson over Benn but he will likely be assist heavy with a similar amount of goals as Benn by seasons end. When you factor position in its closer in a one year but that depends on your team a bit too and how frequently you start each position plus how many in those positions. It would be helpful to see the rest of your team.

Almost regardless I'll take pettersson but I'm just saying those things factor in and could sway things (ie if you already have 3 elite Centers and start 2 per night but are weak at LW there probably wouldn't be any point in making this trade, unless you can flip one of your other centers for a better LW).
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

I want Pettersson here based on upside. It wouldn't shock me at all if Benn ends up close to Pettersson in production by season's end, but Pettersson has so much potential to explode that I will take him. (This doesn't take into consideration your team's positional requirements/depth. I'm assuming you can afford to drop the winger for a center).

I will mention, though, that even in a bad season, Benn is more of a goal-scorer and scored close to 30 last season and will likely do the same this season. Pettersson will also be close to 30 goals, so I don't think this move helps you all that much in the goals department. You certainly lose out on Hits (as you mention) and probably SOG, but I feel Pettersson has immense potential to get you lots of assists and PPP and will probably equal Benn's goal production.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Recruit

yea its a risky move, because I think petterson has huge potential to surpass last year. good call going to wait it out
    14 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 4 Bench
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits,
    W, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hmm. I think I still side with Benn here.

With hits and SOGs being a category, and no FOWs, and the positional settings (only 2Cs, but also 2LWs, etc.), I think that favors Benn -- and now is a really, really bad time to sell on him just from a value perspective. The Stars have way, way too much offensive talent to stay in this kind of rut for long.

I recognize the point explosion potential Pettersson has, and the fact that there are also 3 utility spots ... but my gut still favors Benn a bit in this set up.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think it is based on your teams need and you said you need goals so Pettersson is the best bet for you

Dobber Sports Genius

I was just thinking about Benn yesterday, not in relation to Petterson but just in general. I'm not buying the great offensive threat that is Dallas. It just hasn't materialized the last few seasons. I also think Benn is declining and unless the whole team really clicks, he's not going to get dragged back up to an elite level. This leaves me saying take Petterson who were not quite sure what his ceiling is but being a #1 option for Vancouver, his floor is close to where Benns Ceiling is.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,,J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov, C.Giroux, T.Terry
    D: Q. Hughes, A.Pietrangelo, J.Carlson, A.Ekblad, Sanheim
    G:Bobrovsky, Ingram